DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro WAY POINTS - do it on the Big Screen.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Phantomrain.org

We were really excited about the New Way Points on the DJ Go 4 app , but was not at all excited about using the Iphone to dial it in.

This is how we roll now. Just a fantastic painless way of mastering that app on a wide screen display , everything works and it saves.

Will be using both the Litchi app on the Phantom 4 and the new Way Points on the Mavic 2 to Piggy back our flights this year in the Extreme Weather conditions we love to fly in.

The only negative is : You still have to touch your phone , you cannot use the mouse .

We have been able to dial in some really great runs and the Iphone never runs out of battery , this is an added plus.

Seeing this on a 38 inch wide screen is awesome.
There is just something about seeing it like this that adds new life to the auto flights.

If you have a mac computer and some quicktime you can do this !

Phantomrain.org
approved Vendor for the Mavic 2 Wet Suits

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 6.15.01 PM.png

Each one flying behind the other:
My task library is filling up:

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 6.42.57 PM.png

Reactions: nd4wmike
How did you manage to enter the waypoint mode while disconnected?

What i tried was connecting the Iphone to the drone fully connected, than I disconnected the Iphone and used the USB to connect to the computer . Connected it with Quicktime Camera and it worked.

Just need the mac computer and quick time and you should be set.

Once you have the Iphone connected by USB open Quick Time and create new movie , once that opens click on the arrow and instead of choosing the Quick Time Camera choose your Iphone camera , and the magic blessings happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bilo
Phantomrain.org

We were really excited about the New Way Points on the DJ Go 4 app , but was not at all excited about using the Iphone to dial it in.

This is how we roll now. Just a fantastic painless way of mastering that app on a wide screen display , everything works and it saves.

Will be using both the Litchi app on the Phantom 4 and the new Way Points on the Mavic 2 to Piggy back our flights this year in the Extreme Weather conditions we love to fly in.

The only negative is : You still have to touch your phone , you cannot use the mouse .

We have been able to dial in some really great runs and the Iphone never runs out of battery , this is an added plus.

Seeing this on a 38 inch wide screen is awesome.
There is just something about seeing it like this that adds new life to the auto flights.

If you have a mac computer and some quicktime you can do this !

Phantomrain.org
approved Vendor for the Mavic 2 Wet Suits

View attachment 60635

Each one flying behind the other:
My task library is filling up:

View attachment 60637
Great info , Thanks. the small screens really give me a problem , but now on my iMac 27" it will work
much better.

Mike

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
One other trick I found is once you have the DJI Go 4 app running on the Iphone you can always connect to the USB of the computer and have the Way Points come back up with out connecting to the Drone again. Very nice.

Aren't you limited to 65ft height that way?

So the way it works is that you start off with a Default 164 ft Height and when you go to change it , it moves directly to 64 ft and lower but will not allow you to change it after that.

Its a Quirk , but it workable , what is very problematic is how easy it is to add a waypoint when you are just trying to scroll, I end up spending a lot of time just Deleting waypoints.

It will be interesting to see how many people accidentally add a way point that does not belong the good part of that is it will be 164 ft height .

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 9.58.00 PM.png
This is the Limit of the speed .

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 9.52.48 PM.png

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn