DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom crash

Mikeg

Reactions
Mavic 2 zoom crash– I thought I’d give you all a laugh. Look at what is left of my Mavic 2 zoom after I messed up the return to home.
The only way I could tell it was a Mavic 2 zoom was by the grey plastic battery cover. I think I Mistakingly landed on a road where it was hit by a car And caught fire. All I found was he burnt out wreckage. I never found the gimbal or camera unless they are part of this burnt out wreck.!I am also more careful now! A lot more careful.
There is a happy ending however – my home insurance apparently covered it. Naturally I couldn’t claim it under warranty or care refresh

On a totally different front is there any harm in flying my Mavic 2 with the protective bubble (minus the gimbal clamp which can be easily detached). With the Mavic pro it was not advisable to fly with the protective bubble as there was no airflow. C3AC2F12-DEFE-4522-80DC-B6792478F229.jpeg

No laugh there - that's horror story! Sorry to see that and glad you had a happy ending to the insurance claim ...
There's still a fan attached to the main-board in the Mavic 2 Pro series, so it's a good guess that flying with the bubble gimbal protector on is going to stop airflow, just like the Mavic Pro.

No laugh there - that's horror story! Sorry to see that and glad you had a happy ending to the insurance claim ...
There's still a fan attached to the main-board in the Mavic 2 Pro series, so it's a good guess that flying with the bubble gimbal protector on is going to stop airflow, just like the Mavic Pro.
FYI - the M2 fan intake is now on the sides and not behind the gimbal like on the M1.

I'd be thanking your lucky stars you didn't find a horrible pile-up of crashed cars as well ! :/ Could have hit a windscreen, or caused someone to swerve, or had any number of other catastrophic outcomes caused by landing on a populated road. Looks like it was your lucky day all round ! What happened ?!!

Wow I thought my Mavic 1 drop and crash from 100 feet was bad that's the worse I've ever seen a Mavic [emoji17]

FYI - the M2 fan intake is now on the sides and not behind the gimbal like on the M1.
Correct - I looked at the wrong picture! Thanks ...

Talk about "crashed and burned" LOL! WOW!

It might still be covered under refresh. It says you have to return the aircraft. You have the aircraft after a crash, and it burned incidental to the crash.

It might still be covered under refresh. It says you have to return the aircraft. You have the aircraft after a crash, and it burned incidental to the crash.
Can you imagine the reaction at DJI when they open THAT return? LOL!

Reactions: Wipster
Like an electronics repair firm I worked for that did warranty work for computers. Someone sent a charbroiled laptop for evaluation that their insurance required.

An educated guess - when it was run over it started a lipo fire. Good example of why one needs to be careful with lipo’s.

On another issue , you say you are going to be much more careful I hope that includes keeping your drone in sight and not flying over roads. As another poster pointed out you could have caused a bad crash with injuries.

Mavic 2 zoom crash– I thought I’d give you all a laugh. Look at what is left of my Mavic 2 zoom after I messed up the return to home.
The only way I could tell it was a Mavic 2 zoom was by the grey plastic battery cover. I think I Mistakingly landed on a road where it was hit by a car And caught fire. All I found was he burnt out wreckage. I never found the gimbal or camera unless they are part of this burnt out wreck.!I am also more careful now! A lot more careful.
There is a happy ending however – my home insurance apparently covered it. Naturally I couldn’t claim it under warranty or care refresh

On a totally different front is there any harm in flying my Mavic 2 with the protective bubble (minus the gimbal clamp which can be easily detached). With the Mavic pro it was not advisable to fly with the protective bubble as there was no airflow. View attachment 53699
Refresh should have covered it.

Mavic 2 zoom crash
On a totally different front is there any harm in flying my Mavic 2 with the protective bubble (minus the gimbal clamp which can be easily detached). With the Mavic pro it was not advisable to fly with the protective bubble as there was no airflow.
I inadvertently tried to operate my M2P with the 'bubble' on the camera, the drone however complained about this issue and won't start.

I inadvertently tried to operate my M2P with the 'bubble' on the camera, the drone however complained about this issue and won't start.
You would think DJI could put a tiny little switch to detect the gimbal cover is still on and not jam up the way it does causing damage to the gimbal

This new Mavic Zoom is a hot little drone.

You would think DJI could put a tiny little switch to detect the gimbal cover is still on and not jam up the way it does causing damage to the gimbal
No, I think, the system detected a restricted gimbal movement and terminated camera movement. on the other hand, it would be very easy to build in a simple tiny switch, which just signals the mounted camera/gimbal cover.
Tomorrow I'll give it another try.

On a totally different front is there any harm in flying my Mavic 2 with the protective bubble (minus the gimbal clamp which can be easily detached). With the Mavic pro it was not advisable to fly with the protective bubble as there was no airflow. View attachment 53699
It looks like a Note 7 was attached to the drone at some point :D

what insurance company are u with? what country?

I can’t laugh at that, I’m actually sad for you!! Can I ask how specifically you messed up the RTH?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard