DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Focusing Issue......Solved

AlienDrone

Reactions
Greetings Fellow Pilots! Last December I searched the forum for Mavic 2 Zoom focusing issues. I found a thread discussing the issue and added my experiences to the thread. I finally resolved the issue. I posting the result to the general forum so that more of you will see it.

My problem was that i noticed my M2Z had developed an inability to critically focus over area that lacked high contrast or crisp lines in the majority of the image area. It was suggested that I turn off the AFC and try AF and Manual focus. This did not help. Someone had mentioned a setting that outlines areas that are in focus in red. I checked my owners manual and could not locate any reference to this feature. BTW, I found the owners manual severely under informative in areas about focus and the available features. I visited YT and found reference to the feature. It is called "focus peaking" which is turned off by default. I turned it on, but it failed to work. I could see no red outlines. I contacted Tech Support and received an email a couple of days later. They offered several suggestions including firmware updates. Also, a camera reset was suggested. I performed the camera reset. Now the focus peaking feature was there. The audible conformations to prefocus and focus were now back (I had failed to notice their absence). I went back to the sites where I was have problems. The focus now seems to be back to the original quality.

excellent, thanks for the update. so a camera reset is done just through the go4 app in the camera menu? (sorry dont have it in front of me right now)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman