DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom - Not Booting Post Crash

dogmouse

Reactions
Hi All!

Like an absolute idiot, I took my drone off the last week with one of the arms still folder in. It went up, hovered for a bit at about 4 metres and came crashing down (wont be doing that again).

The damage didn't initially seem too bad, and from the looks of it only required a top shell replacement, as the lens to the upward sensor had smashed.

Turning it on today, it is doing something a bit weird:

- Battery goes in.
- Double tap power on button.
- All 4 motors do their initial turn procedure.
- Then nothing, no sound or fan start up.
- Controller doesn't connect to drone either.

I've tried plugging the drone into my PC to see if DJI Assistant can reveal anything, unfortunately the drone doesn't connect. I have tried the different install techniques, disabling firewalls etc. I think the drone just isn't powering on properly. Furthermore, I've had a look at the soldered connections with the top shell removed, but nothing looks too amiss.

If anyone can offer any insight on what I can check, I wanted to avoid sending it off for an expensive repair etc however its looking like something is wrong a bit deeper than I thought.

Video link below and photos attached.

Video Of Motor Startup

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20220917_084326.jpg
    20220917_084326.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220917_083139.jpg
    20220917_083139.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220917_083134.jpg
    20220917_083134.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
first of all you should never remove or add the battery with it hot (switched on) you will need to send it to a reputable DJI repairer for an estimate of the work needed

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum
If you do have to send it off I recommend. DDS Drone Repair - Your Drone Repair Shop
You make a ticket they send a free shipping label. Make a Qoute
and if you don’t like it they ship it back free. Have used them and
think highly of them 👍

Reactions: old man mavic
In addition to Old Man Mavic's post about hot connecting, if the USB cable is connected to a computer I would disconnect it from the computer BEFORE installing the battery and switching the drone on.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes