DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom or mavic air 2?

Infide1

Reactions
I have a chance to get any mavic drone 70% off retail price. I currently own a mavic air. Pretty happy with it but I would like the extra flight time and range of the 2 drones in the title. Which one should I get? I use the drone for personal entertainment, no business requirements. I am leaning towards the zoom. I really miss the ability to come closer to the subject without risking the drone, and since I live in Europe I would like to easily enable FCC mode. The method to do that is much more complicated for the mavic air 2. Is there something else is should be considering?

Last edited:
I have a chance to get any mavic drone 70% off retail price. I currently own a mavic air. Pretty happy with it but I would like the extra flight time and range of the 2 drones in the title. Which one should I get? I use the drone for personal entertainment, no business requirements. I am leaning towards the zoom. I really miss the ability to come closer to the subject without risking the drone, and since I live in Europe I would like to easily enable FCC mode. The method to do that is much more complicated for the mavic air 2. Is there something else is should be considering?
I bought an Air 2 Fly More Combo in May. Very pleased with the quality of daytime still frames and video and ease of use and when DJI updated the firmware a couple of weeks ago and added a 4x digital zoom in 1080 res, it was taken from being a great drone to excellent! The digital zoom is very clear and makes close up aerial Inspections much safer. I think you would enjoy flying and filming with this drone.

That's a tough one for me. If you already have the Air 2 it might be hard to justify the cost of the Mavic 2. I like the Mavic 2 better as I have much more control over the camera, but both produce some very sharp video. The additional side sensors are nice as well but not infallible. I find no appreciable difference in flight time. They are both very capable drones, IMHO.

The M2P (and M2Z) supports FPV with the Goggles out of the box, the MA2 does not unfortunately. For me the M2P or Z is a better choice as I want FPV with gimbal head-tracking.
I have both M2P and MA2 drones and use the MA2 for 60fps 4K video all the time. For video only I would be in doubt which to choose. For photo and FPV the M2P is the better choice.

Reactions: scoble08
Thank you all for your input. I failed to mention I use the drone mainly for video. As far as I understand both zoom and ma2 have similar video specs. If DJI released mavic pro 3 it would be a no brainer but the offer is valid till the end of the year and I don't think it will be released by then

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin