DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom - RC Connection Issues

davidjwest

Reactions
Hi,

I've only had my Mavic 2 a few days but it has never worked properly, I keep getting an error about the RC connection having failed.

I have done all the firmware etc updates.

I have had it flying a few times but the error usually comes up once I get a few hundred feet away, the screen goes black and white and freezes on the last frame of video. I can still control the drone.

Today it happened before I had chance to launch.

Any ideas?

I am a bit confused about the process for setting up as the manual refers to a link button on the RC but I cannot find it, a YouTube video says there's an option to link the remote in the software, what is the correct procedure?

At the moment I am powering on the drone, then the RC (I have tried both ways) and then plugging in the phone. Sometimes this connects automatically and I can fly, sometimes not. Pressing the button on the drone to link it turns red but never goes green even when the RC says it is connecting.

This has happened in different locations, I am outside and not near any metal/wires etc.

I've tried turning off wifi and bluetooth to no avail.

Please help it's driving me nuts!

Hi,

I've only had my Mavic 2 a few days but it has never worked properly, I keep getting an error about the RC connection having failed.

I have done all the firmware etc updates.

I have had it flying a few times but the error usually comes up once I get a few hundred feet away, the screen goes black and white and freezes on the last frame of video. I can still control the drone.

Today it happened before I had chance to launch.

Any ideas?

I am a bit confused about the process for setting up as the manual refers to a link button on the RC but I cannot find it, a YouTube video says there's an option to link the remote in the software, what is the correct procedure?

At the moment I am powering on the drone, then the RC (I have tried both ways) and then plugging in the phone. Sometimes this connects automatically and I can fly, sometimes not. Pressing the button on the drone to link it turns red but never goes green even when the RC says it is connecting.

This has happened in different locations, I am outside and not near any metal/wires etc.

I've tried turning off wifi and bluetooth to no avail.

Please help it's driving me nuts!
[/QUOTE If it was me I'd contact DJI I'd be a little upset

If it is linked correctly it may be your RC... I had similar problems.. essentially the freezing of Go 4... it is documented in the Mavic Pro 2 help forum.... drove me nuts.. thought it was cable etc... for me it was the RC... DJI replaced after testing

I suffered the very same on my rig and even had a dedicated usb cable. I changed out the cable and it fixed everything.

I agree. While it’s not always the solution, the cable is the first thing I would change.

What's the technical name for the connector going into the RC? It's the squarish USB but that's obviously not the correct name.

Edit:

Is this the one? (My phone is a USB-C)

So, looks like it's the phone that was the fault!

I had tried two android phones, a Google Pixel 2+ and a Huewei P40 Lite. Both worked but lost contact after about 200 metres or so.

Tried my daughter's iPhone 8 and that was fine, flew it just out of view (700M or so) and no problem with the connection.

Now I need to buy a new phone!

Really didn't expect a software issue but I am a software developer so I usually try to blame the hardware!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Reactions: VanP

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3