DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom signal loss at 30m after updating the firmware

NadeeraB

Reactions
My drone is out of warranty period now
I have update the Mavic 2 Zoom software to the latest version today
No I am facing video signal loss at about 30 meters and if I fly further to 40-50m, the drone gets fully disconnected (goes out of control)
Please let me know how I can fix this. Ca
Can I roll back to the previous version of the firmware safely ?
Will it sort-out my issue ?
Please help me and thank you in advance

Somewhat doubtful that a firmware update would provide your issue.
Any particular reason for the update? They aren’t mandatory.

Did you update the controller software as well?
I think the range increase required both.

Somewhat doubtful that a firmware update would provide your issue.
Any particular reason for the update? They aren’t mandatory.
it was prompted on app. thought its mandatory. after this issue i downgraded using Dji assist for mavic.but the problem remains

If the drone is not faulty, there must be some super-strong interference at the location. Did you see any of the following warning messages on the GO app ? which one ?

"Interference at Aircraft"
"Interference at Remote Controller"
"Weak Image Transmission signal"
"Weak Remote Controller signal"

The message is shown at this corner :

1603335809960.png

Reactions: NadeeraB
If the drone is not faulty, there must be some super-strong interference at the location. Did you see any of the following warning messages on the GO app ? which one ?

View attachment 115596
Yes indeed. Firstly I get "Weak Image/video Transmission signal" message and the prompts me to return to home. after few seconds (when I fly further away few meters) I get weak remote control signal message and in few seconds ..It gets disconnected from the remote.
I tried in different locations , but the problem remains

View attachment 115596
Also just want to hilight that I get these errors at 30m distance

Also just want to hilight that I get these errors at 30m distance

Looking through the posts, I don't see where you have refreshed firmware with Asst. 2 yet, not sure that will do anything but as myself and others are having no issues it isn't firmware related as it were? Beyond that you just got a hardware failure that corresponds with the update. As the last firmware's adjusted transmission protocols your symptoms to me show that you had a weak system point somewhere that was already failing...given the new firmware pushed limits higher for the MA2 range...yours didn't make the cut. All speculation..but being in RF Tech for 20 years...it's my "educated guess". :)

Last edited:
This is rather onld on , of 1 yr usage. Any specific reason could be there for this type of sudden signal loss ?

As to this, your out of warranty it might not hurt to have a look under the hood. For whatever reason one of the two RF connections to the main board may have come loose. Fast forward to 5:00 in video for ref.

After aircraft it might not hurt to have a look at transmitter side for same thing...I will let you google yourself for that tear down :p

I am with the exact same problem and started after the new firmware. Please let me know if you have solved the problem?

I am with the exact same problem and started after the new firmware. Please let me know if you have solved the problem?

It may not be a coincidence. The firmware updates not only update the software in the aircraft and remote controller but sometimes the Field Programable Gate Arrays (FPGA), which control much of the hardware, video processing etc. and may be involved in the communications, RF control, encoding/decoding etc. After working with these devices for years I have seen more than a few permanent failures and/or failure to reflash.

I have also same problem with my m2Z. the 24ghz conection is not working properly. but the 5.8ghz working properly. ill try dowgrade and upgrade the firmware. but same problem.?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143