DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom Trackimo mounting

Ok, great! That is where I wanted to mount mine also just wasn't sure about issues.Thanks for the info.

New here, just received my Trackimo 3G and trying to decide best location and way of mounting on my Mavic 2 Zoom. Any advice?

I mounted my trackimo on top, can easily snap off and remount onto my other drones. Best investment out there, trackimo already saved me from a disconnect fly way on a bebop 2. Bebop 2 landed 1/4 mile from last known location, trackimo lead me right to it to an orchard.

Paul

BE456EB5-DE02-4E45-9276-418880611691.jpegD23D0455-8DCC-491B-A167-9B074C4ACFF2.jpeg

Reactions: chief_p
I got my Trackimo just the other day. My plan is to use the silicone case that came with it and use 3M VHB Tape to secure it to my Zoom. I don't think there is any issue but it would be great if someone has tried and found a problem with this

I mounted my trackimo on top, can easily snap off and remount onto my other drones. Best investment out there, trackimo already saved me from a disconnect fly way on a bebop 2. Bebop 2 landed 1/4 mile from last known location, trackimo lead me right to it to an orchard.

Paul

View attachment 47974View attachment 47975

S!

Any issues with GPS lock since using that tracker on top of Mavic's GPS antenna?

Reactions: mwardncsu
All great information. I tested my Trackimo by giving it to a friend who drove one half hour away and then he hid it on his property in a wooded area. The app on iPhone took me within 3 feet of its location. I'am however having a lot of problems getting the Trackimo app to respond some of the time and can't get the satellite map to come up easily. Any thoughts?

All great information. I tested my Trackimo by giving it to a friend who drove one half hour away and then he hid it on his property in a wooded area. The app on iPhone took me within 3 feet of its location. I'am however having a lot of problems getting the Trackimo app to respond some of the time and can't get the satellite map to come up easily. Any thoughts?

HEllo TJK,

With the satellite map, go to settings and select Google map instead of Baidu map, you’re probably already there using google map. TRACKIMO app kind of acts funny at times, at the beginning felt it wasn’t trustworthy due to these quirks. From kitchen table, Showed tracker at a different location. Eventually, after logging off relogging back on location adjusted were it belonged. Still does this, but out in the field once tracker starts moving boy it locks on and readjusts its location properly based from track settings. I have mine set to track every minute, have generation 2 which does not work for some users in their area. Fortunately, Still have service for G2 in my area. I purchased my trackimo used, no instructions and at the time wasn’t familiar with the differences between a G2 and G3 model, had I known would have gone with a G3 but only paid $45 bucks shipped so I’m still very pleased with the purchase.

Based from my experience of using trackimo with drones, I’m not at all regretting its purchase. It’s already located a lost drone I would have never recovered, like I mentioned above once it’s moving in flight your worries are over it’ll track. DJI (find my drone) feature is great, it works but there’s always that slight chance of disconnect and it’s during these moments of flight it can land a great distance from its last GPS location. It’s here were trackimo will benefit the user, small price to pay for additional insurance to locate our expensive drone. I’ll never fly without it, I’ve already lost four drones this year due to disconnect. Never again.

Here is a picture of trackimo screen app, the upper right arrow updates it’s location, the eye symbol below the arrow changes type of map for screen, I prefer the satellite map. The lower left symbol that looks like a tipped over table and chair, that is for relogging back onto the app.

Good luck, you made the right decision even though trackimo has it’s minor issues.

All the best,
Paul

1509E303-2CF4-46A1-804B-311CF88CD67E.jpeg

Waldo,
Thanks for all of the info! You are right it acts funny sometimes. I have a Mini iPad 4 set up on the controller and it is much more responsive then my iPhone on the Trackimo app. Just have to try 5 or 6 times to get the google map up on my iPhone, not sure why.
Oh and by the way here is a few photos of my M2 Zoom with the Trackimo mounted on it. I tried the Velcro but ended up Using the Scotch 3M Dual Lock. The Dual Lock was much more solid, It doesn't wiggle around like the Velcro. Give it a try, I'm sure you will like it.IMG_5163.JPGIMG_5162.JPG

isn't under front part internal mavic GPS? I think is better to put it at battery

Waldo,
Thanks for all of the info! You are right it acts funny sometimes. I have a Mini iPad 4 set up on the controller and it is much more responsive then my iPhone on the Trackimo app. Just have to try 5 or 6 times to get the google map up on my iPhone, not sure why.
Oh and by the way here is a few photos of my M2 Zoom with the Trackimo mounted on it. I tried the Velcro but ended up Using the Scotch 3M Dual Lock. The Dual Lock was much more solid, It doesn't wiggle around like the Velcro. Give it a try, I'm sure you will like it.View attachment 48080View attachment 48081

Looks great TJK,

Very clean, probably best area to mount.

I did the same, used double sided mounting tape. And for additional security a strip of gorilla tape.

Good luck with the added security, you’ll never loose the Mavic with the trackimo.

Paul

Paul,
Yes Ive booked about three hours on mine and no issues. The Trackimo is working fine. Thanks!

TJK

Trackimo is off course OK. But I am afraid about shielding GPS signal of internal mavic 2 antenna! When is strong gps signal than is no problem but sometime and at some places is GPS not sos strength and than will go mavic 2 to atti

Hello bkushner,

Haven’t experienced any interference with trackimo on top of GPS, but often think about this. I’m looking into mounting on top of battery in the near future, make a bracket that the battery helps keep in place. So both are easily mounted or removed together.

Thanks for your concern,
Paul

Just read this thread and I also been using trackimo for my Mavic air since I heard a lot of reports about flyaways. Anyways just to be safe I attached it on the bottom to make sure there is no interference with the built-in GPS.

Just read this thread and I also been using trackimo for my Mavic air since I heard a lot of reports about flyaways. Anyways just to be safe I attached it on the bottom to make sure there is no interference with the built-in GPS.

You’re very fortunate to mount underneath, Mavic 2 has too many sensors including a light underneath. Congratulations with using a trackimo, very low cost insurance.

Enjoy the Mavic air
Paul

New here, just received my Trackimo 3G and trying to decide best location and way of mounting on my Mavic 2 Zoom. Any advice?

I bought a 3D printed holder for the first mavic that worked great. It was positioned the tracker directly behind the Drone. That won't work now because of the rear-facing sensors. Does anybody know of a 3D printing Guru who can fashion a holder for the tracker that fits on top of the battery of the Mavic 2? I'd rather not use adhesive because I have a decorative /protective skin on the Drone.

Found the best way is to use a one inch square of 3M Scotch SJ 3550 dual lock tape (1 piece on the Trackimo and 1 piece on the Mavic) just forward of the battery, absolutely brilliant, forget Velcro this stuff works ... No play like when you use Velcro
This stuff beats even heavy duty Velcro .......
My Trackimo isn't going anywhere
PS
It's Expensive but it's EXCELLENT
This is the dog's dangly bits of sticking things to other things :cool:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member