DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 "Advanced" RTH

i was testing radio signal strength today and used RTH to bring it back. It was around sunset and it was not using visual obsticle avoidence. I assumed it would revert to previous RTH from my set altitude, but it angled down before it was over the homepoint, and I needed to cancel the RTH and increase altitude to avoid an incident with a tree.

What's interesting to me here is this...

If a car or plane was released and at very early stages a few issues were found to be present that somehow escaped any form of quality assurance and safety testing.

Wouldn't the FAA be able to suspend the use of any vehicles under their jurisdiction?

I am not saying this needs to happen whatsoever but I am saying is from what I have read so far, there seems to be circumstances where the ARTH could collide with objects, this seems to have happened possibly once or twice already. Couldn't one of those objects possibly be a person, and if a person was accidently hit by an autonomous ARTH system then who is liable. The pilot, the manufacturer or the governing body, the FAA?

Thankfully 99% of drone pilots are not idiots, contrary to popular belief and they can cancel and guide ARTH from there. I don't know, just thinking out aloud here...

i think RTH takes the drone out of sport mode, but in low light, if it angles in the the homepoint, it will hit the trees

RTH is its own mode. Not CIne/Normal/Sport. In other words, there is no such thing as RTH in Cine/normal/Sport

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato