DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 assisted with rescue

Great job, great story. As a commercial waterman myself it's heartwarming to see boaters get involved when trouble comes. The drone use prove the capabilities beyond just taking pictures. A big Thank You from all us waterman that sometimes need a helping hand.
PS: I've rescued many boaters in pre-drone days but now we have an additional tool. My A2 now goes to sea with me, the views from high above are spectacular and often quite surprising.

Thanks for sharing

Reactions: sarahb
I stumbled upon this video of this guy who used his Mavic 3 to assist with rescue operations of some stranded boaters in Alaska. He used the Mavic to transport a paper note to the stranded party to see if anyone was injured. Pretty cool story.
This video is probably the most beneficial to the drone flying community I have seen in a long while. It makes a very strong statement about the benefits of everyone owning and flying a drone when out in the wild. This probably includes National Parks, where injuries and near death and losses occur on a very frequent basis.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: jimlips
This video is probably the most beneficial to the drone flying community I have seen in a long while. It makes a very strong statement about the benefits of everyone owning and flying a drone when out in the wild. This probably includes National Parks, where injuries and near death and losses occur on a very frequent basis.

Dale
Miami
Sadly, drones are banned in Nat Parks, only law enforcement can legally use them. But agree, emergency use should be permitted, even promoted.

Sadly, drones are banned in Nat Parks, only law enforcement can legally use them. But agree, emergency use should be permitted, even promoted.
Imagine everyone hiking on all of those widely spread trails in the national parks and then observing a hiker enduring an injury from a fall, a wild animal, whatever! The person with the drone can quickly put up the drone to LOCALIZE the victim and call in that location to the rangers. Imagine everyone have a Mini 2 drone in their backpack for emergency reporting!

Just saying!

Dale
Miami

• Love
Reactions: Capt KO
I use Litchi as a backup app for the on-screen lat/longs, live location available in an emergency.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho