DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine downloading issues with new laptop running Win10

Dronehick

Reactions
Just got a new PC (not running Windows 11) and cannot get the laptop to find the drives on the Mavic 3 when plugged in. However I can plug the Mavic 3 into an older laptop and it finds both the SSD drive and the microSD drive without issues. Tried it on another new laptop also running Windows 10 and would not find the drives. Anyone have this issue? Almost seems to be a driver issue with the drone and newer laptops. Both of these laptops are 11th Gen CoreI9 with dedicated video cards purchased in the past 2 months. Got the new laptop to be able to process the ProRes from the Cine and sort of sucks that I cannot download or find the drone when connected. My work around is to use the older laptop and connect to the Mavic 3 Cine and download to an external hard drive then connect the hard drive to the new laptop for editing. Dont want to carry two laptops with me so hoping someone has found a solution to this. Thanks

I am having the same issue. A new Dell 7760 laptop with Thunderbolt 4 (USB Type-C) ports, all Windows and Dell drivers up-to-date, DJI Assistant 2 v2.1.7 installed.

When the Drone is plugged into the laptop Thunderbolt 4 (USB Type-C) port, the SSD and USB drives keep loading and unloading (dinging). When (if) they finally stay up long enough to load the content, initiating a transfer dies after a dozen or so files.

I have discovered that if I plug the drone into the USB-C port on a Dell Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station, I am able to transfer the files. Hopefully, DJI and/or Dell will sort out the incompatibility problem sooner rather than later.

Attachments

• 2021-11-21_16-15-52.jpg
    2021-11-21_16-15-52.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: Dronehick
Spoke with DJI Tech support this morning. They are investigating. They couldn't resolve it this morning.

Reactions: Dronehick
I am having the same issue. A new Dell 7760 laptop with Thunderbolt 4 (USB Type-C) ports, all Windows and Dell drivers up-to-date, DJI Assistant 2 v2.1.7 installed.

When the Drone is plugged into the laptop Thunderbolt 4 (USB Type-C) port, the SSD and USB drives keep loading and unloading (dinging). When (if) they finally stay up long enough to load the content, initiating a transfer dies after a dozen or so files.

I have discovered that if I plug the drone into the USB-C port on a Dell Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station, I am able to transfer the files. Hopefully, DJI and/or Dell will sort out the incompatibility problem sooner rather than later.
I don't think the Dell is the issue. Mine is a MSI and I also tried it on a ASUS. Both are gaming setups with dedicated video cards and Thunderbolt 4 ports. I will look into getting a docking station...that might be a good temp fix...thanks for the suggestion.

Also wanted to mention that the entire time the drone is plugged into the laptop, the (see photo attached)..not sure the tech name) but where you find your ip address etc, flashes rapidly almost in sequence to the drone navigation lights.

And I also get the same ding/ding as it is finding the drives for a second and loosing them but I have never had the drive appear long enough to attempt a partial download. I also have all the most recent drivers installed and with the help of a friend of mine, it seems everything is pointing to internal DJI drivers which are not in sync with newest laptops running V4 Thunderbolt drives....however I also connected via a 3.0 USB and had the same issue but same version of drivers seems to be running both port types and the drone drivers are not compatible.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
Interesting. I finally plugged mine into my Smartphone (Galaxy S10 Plus) and download the stills from the SSD then transferred them to my laptop. Obviously, the system doesn't like my editing laptop. Dell XPS 15 7590 with Core I-9 processor running Windows 10 64 bit and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card.

I had something similar with my card reader - turned out to be a bad USB3 cable

Must be the low-end Dell laptops we are using are not up to the task of connecting to a high-end DJI device like the Mavic 3 Cine!!!

Dell Precision 7760 Workstation
64 GB, 3466MHz SuperSpeed memory
NVIDIA RTX A4000 graphics
17.3" 3840x2160, 100% Adobe, 500 Nits, HDR400 screen.
Four M.2 2-TB NVMe Solid State Drives
Thunderbolt docking station
Dell UltraSharp 27” 4K PremierColor Monitor
Interesting. I finally plugged mine into my Smartphone (Galaxy S10 Plus) and download the stills from the SSD then transferred them to my laptop. Obviously, the system doesn't like my editing laptop. Dell XPS 15 7590 with Core I-9 processor running Windows 10 64 bit and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card.

You can still get the files off the SSD by using a regular USB-A to USB-C data cable, it will just be much slower...

Yikes, that is not good.

Do you have a docking station? I am also able to use USB-C to USB-C on the docking station to access the SSD (but not on the laptop directly - however USB-A on the laptop does work). The Dell docking station I have connects to the laptop with Thunderbolt but has regular USB-A and USB-C ports on it.

Nope. Not on my PC.

Yikes, that is not good.

Do you have a docking station? I am also able to use USB-C to USB-C on the docking station to access the SSD (but not on the laptop directly - however USB-A on the laptop does work). The Dell docking station I have connects to the laptop with Thunderbolt but has regular USB-A and USB-C ports on it.
I ordered a docking station yesterday. But this is a stupid problem. We'll see if it works.

No. DHI tech support claims to be investigating. But I haven't heard back. It's got to be a driver that's incompatible with my system or something.

Reactions: markmct
I agree that it is likely a driver issue. I spoke with DJI support this week. It was not helpful, in fact at one point the support person asked me to send her a picture of my usb ports. They are investigating but until someone is assigned that has some basic knowledge it is more likely I will learn of a fix on this thread.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN