DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine : fair and critical review about the missing features & settings for Pro Pilots

HOsiHO Drone Stock Images

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.hosiho.com
Complete review from members of our Hosiho Drone Pilots Network who have already reviewed the Mavic 3 Cine in real work!

Just being fair: recognizing the good and pointing out the shortcomings of the beast.

Mixed opinion, but what is very certain is that for the moment, the M3C is NOT ready for pro videographers.
The zoom is useless if you are looking for quality, etc...

Share this article to influence DJI!

We are forwarding the list of questions to DJI in the next few days, hoping for answers and solutions!
#dji #mavic3 #mavic3cine #Drone

One would hope that the successor to the Mavic 2 pro and Phantom 4 pro, would be an improvement in every way.
It's a huge disappointment and a big step backwards to have the Mavic 3 running on DJI Fly.
Hi Meta,

Do you think there is any chance that this major issue will be rectified at some point by an update to the Fly app or a possible return to the Go4 app?

Feels like we've all been given this fabulous new toy, but we are not allowed to take it out of the box!

Great article, with all that said i started looking to buy another MP2 and am having such a hard time finding one at ANY major camera retailers. I have seen the zoom at some but not really found the regular. which is so odd its like DJI made everyone send em back in exchange for the MP3 ...

in my humble opinion the MP2 is the better drone still as of Nov 14 2021

Reactions: Point Zero
Do you think there is any chance that this major issue will be rectified at some point by an update to the Fly app or a possible return to the Go4 app?
Sorry, but I have no idea what DJI will do.

CONCLUSION: A BEAUTIFUL DRONE FOR HOBBYIST BUT SERIOUSLY UNFINISHED FOR PROFESSIONAL USERS

I would say it's not a good drone for hobbyists either since anyone spending that sort of money on a drone is going to have high expectations for it, I only fly drones for myself but I'm disappointed with the M3 release and can't even consider it until they add back in the missing features.

Great article, with all that said i started looking to buy another MP2 and am having such a hard time finding one at ANY major camera retailers. I have seen the zoom at some but not really found the regular. which is so odd its like DJI made everyone send em back in exchange for the MP3 ...

in my humble opinion the MP2 is the better drone still as of Nov 14 2021
I noticed the same in the UK when looking up prices for the Mavic 2 Pro so I assume DJI had wound down the production a few months ago given the Mavic 3 was due out.

Hi Meta,

Feels like we've all been given this fabulous new toy, but we are not allowed to take it out of the box!
We really hope that a Pro version of the Dji Fly app may come out very soon, otherwise, the M3C can't address the prosumer market.

But the controller has its own screen and doesn't need to be connected to a phone or an iPad.

So why would the DJI Fly app. come into play?

But the controller has its own screen and doesn't need to be connected to a phone or an iPad.

So why would the DJI Fly app. come into play?
You still need an app to run the controller with a drone. it is Dji Fly, no,other options.

So you have to still connect a phone to the smart controller which already has a screen?

That controller which is $1200 on its own?
The controller uses the Android OS, and still requires a DJI app to fly the drone. First SC was this way. I would connect it to my phone via WiFi so I had internet connectivity, but that is the only reason. A phone is not required with the RC Pro or SC, just optional.

Oh ok, I didn't realize it was an Android device, where you install apps and such.

I thought it would have an embedded app which controls all the functions.

Makes sense, DJI software development may be limited and it sounds like DJI Fly is really dumbed-down compared to DJI Go.

Thank you for that link, a good and precise analysis of the status quo - what a mess.

No idea, why DJI really stripped down their 3rd generation like that, because by the specs and ideas, they simply could have done a lot better. I truly hope they get things done, but maybe it's also a test, of how much consumers are willing to accept half-baked products anyway.

By the way, the first video that actually features the hover sound of the M3 ... can't really hear a difference in loudness, probably a bit lower, to the M2P. Those influencer reviews lacked those sounds, yet saying, it's so quiet as generally speaking there's no way, that a test of a real user would not have shown other inabilities by software like the access of aperture/ISO/shutter etc. (not even with the RC Pro, due to a bug).

I guess, as with many things today, just relax and wait, how these things are going to develop. There's really no need from the M2P to change instantly and be upset afterwards for the beta status. And I certainly planned to buy one with the larger sensor tbh.

Last edited:
Great post. Thanks for sharing. I was looking forward to upgrade from my M2P, but after reading reviews from actual drone operators I'm Glad I didn't order. I use it a lot for TV work, and just that they are using the Fly app put me off. And the fact that my SC gen 1 is not compatible is really bad. I bought that thinking it would work with future drones. It sounded like that in the marketing I felt. I´ll stick with the M2P for now and drag out the I2 for bigger jobs. I was hoping for a crossover between the 2
Best regards
Joachim

Great post. Thanks for sharing. I was looking forward to upgrade from my M2P, but after reading reviews from actual drone operators I'm Glad I didn't order. I use it a lot for TV work, and just that they are using the Fly app put me off. And the fact that my SC gen 1 is not compatible is really bad. I bought that thinking it would work with future drones. It sounded like that in the marketing I felt. I´ll stick with the M2P for now and drag out the I2 for bigger jobs. I was hoping for a crossover between the 2
Best regards
Joachim
Like most of us, pros drone pilots...Thanks for your comments and hopefully DJI will come soon with great news. But this is only a Hope at the moment!...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54