DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 climbing on it's own

Campin123

Reactions
Went flying this afternoon, raised the altitude to 207 ft. and proceeded with forward flight, I was in normal mode. Next thing I hear the RC Pro controller say, I reached maximum altitude of 396ft. I did not have my left hand on the stick while this happened. I brought the M3 back and landed, turned it off and changed the battery. Took off again and raised the M3 to 150' and applied forward stick, once again the M3 climbed on it's own and reached maximum altitude. I noticed the M3 would auto climb at a rate of 3-5ft while going forward around 15mph. If I go slower, say 5 -7 mpg it would not climb.

I read this from a previous user, turn off the (Bypass) feature under Safety settings. I think DJI will eventually correct this, so Bypass feature isn’t so sensitive that it wants to climb when it shouldn’t.

Keep us posted,
Paul

I read this from a previous user, turn off the (Bypass) feature under Safety settings. I think DJI will eventually correct this, so Bypass feature isn’t so sensitive that it wants to climb when it shouldn’t.

Keep us posted,
Paul
Thanks a bunch, I did not think of this but will definitely try this out.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
It's from ghosting on the bottom wide angle sensors. If you leave Bypass on and watch the screen, you will see yellow bands of radar at the bottom. If you have thr compass displayed instead of maps you will see yellow dots and blocks of dots in the compass. I would be willing to bet the sun was low in the sky during your event.

I get it when I'm 30-45 meters above the treetops. Really hope this is addressable in firmware.

Went flying this afternoon, raised the altitude to 207 ft. and proceeded with forward flight, I was in normal mode. Next thing I hear the RC Pro controller say, I reached maximum altitude of 396ft. I did not have my left hand on the stick while this happened. I brought the M3 back and landed, turned it off and changed the battery. Took off again and raised the M3 to 150' and applied forward stick, once again the M3 climbed on it's own and reached maximum altitude. I noticed the M3 would auto climb at a rate of 3-5ft while going forward around 15mph. If I go slower, say 5 -7 mpg it would not climb.

I just bought one and flew it on the first test fight and the ****'d thing kept climbing over and over!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter