DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Consumer Series 3rd Party Mapping

JaysLuck

Reactions
Good morning everyone! I'm new to the forum but have been stopping by for a couple of months begore now signing up. I do photography mainly, nothing commercial when it comes to maps. I'm actually a total noob for mapping.

On to the subject. DJI is not releasing the SDK for the consumer series of the Mavic 3 drones (3, Cine and Classic) any time soon and with them releasing the waypoints feature I got to work. I've officially mapped flights with DJI Flight Hub and UGCS and have flown them with no issues other than the one listed below.

I'm not sure if external videos are allowed here, some forums don't welcome them, so if they're not, I'm more than happy to post a how-to for you guys.

First video is for DJI Flight Hub-

Second is for UGCS-

So far I'm liking UGCS a lot more than Flight Hub especially since 90% if the mission can be done from the computer.
The only issue I'm having is Hover cannot be activated because if you do, the drone will face north (per the KMZ) and abort the mission. I'm looking at the code and will update once i can figure something out with this. At least for now, have fun mapping!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: honkihonk
Good morning everyone! I'm new to the forum but have been stopping by for a couple of months begore now signing up. I do photography mainly, nothing commercial when it comes to maps. I'm actually a total noob for mapping.

On to the subject. DJI is not releasing the SDK for the consumer series of the Mavic 3 drones (3, Cine and Classic) any time soon and with them releasing the waypoints feature I got to work. I've officially mapped flights with DJI Flight Hub and UGCS and have flown them with no issues other than the one listed below.

I'm not sure if external videos are allowed here, some forums don't welcome them, so if they're not, I'm more than happy to post a how-to for you guys.

First video is for DJI Flight Hub-

Second is for UGCS-

So far I'm liking UGCS a lot more than Flight Hub especially since 90% if the mission can be done from the computer.
The only issue I'm having is Hover cannot be activated because if you do, the drone will face north (per the KMZ) and abort the mission. I'm looking at the code and will update once i can figure something out with this. At least for now, have fun mapping!
Thank you very much! That's what I've been looking for.

Reactions: JaysLuck
Btw, is UGCS free? I have only found a free trial.
Unfortunately it is not free. I’ve been looking for another software to replace it and one that’s budget friendly since I don’t do this for commercial purposes but for photography. What I’m looking at currently is Mission Planner which is free but I haven’t been able to export a successful flight plan yet

Unfortunately it is not free. I’ve been looking for another software to replace it and one that’s budget friendly since I don’t do this for commercial purposes but for photography. What I’m looking at currently is Mission Planner which is free but I haven’t been able to export a successful flight plan yet
Seems like we had more or less the same experience then. UGCS seems to be the first solution to export to this format and allow grid planning. I want to use it for 3D models as a hobbyist.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada