DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 drone hacks drone ID removal

mavicccc33

Reactions
How do you remove drone ID or maybe even remote ID from the mavic 3 drone hacks.
I completed the hack, everything works, but looking at the wiki and blog there’s no guide on how to do it.
Do you have to go into advanced parameters on the drone hacks software?

Reactions: Cafguy
Are you trying to turn off Remote I.D.?
Is that possible?

I though only drone ID removal is possible.

Reactions: Cafguy
No it is NOT Possible: If that is what you are trying to Do. Here is my Copy and Paste answer to such questions:
It is not legal in the U.S. to tamper with or disable Remote I.D.
If you have a Drone that has been upgraded to remote I.D. firmware it is actually unlawful to remove OR Downgrade the Firmware to defeat RID.
Discussion of how to do this on an American Based server would constitute a conspiracy to violate: 14 CFR part 89.
So I am sure not gonna touch the subject.
Sorry

If you use DH version 1 then drone-ID will be disabled by default. If you use version 2 you probably should ask support at DH how you disable drone-ID.
Remote-ID (RID) can not be disabled with DH.

OpenDroneID app can still see your drone after DH hacks.

Its all a bunch of lies, the only thing left to test is an actual aeroscope but I bet its still visible there also

Reactions: rgarjr
If you use DH version 1 then drone-ID will be disabled by default. If you use version 2 you probably should ask support at DH how you disable drone-ID.
Remote-ID (RID) can not be disabled with DH.
Is the drone-ID the one Aeroscope picks up, which can be disabled, as distinguished from the Remote-ID broadcast, which cannot be disabled?

Is the drone-ID the one Aeroscope picks up, which can be disabled, as distinguished from the Remote-ID broadcast, which cannot be disabled?
Yes, drone-ID usually refers to the unencrypted signal transmitted from the DJI drone, and this can be received and read by the aeroscope. A brilliant busuness idea from DJI, they sold thousands of very expensive Aeroscopes to law enforcement, governments, airports and military.
RID, Remote ID is not a DJI invention, and the signals from RID can not be read by Aeroscope.

Why would you care about remote ID as long as you're flying legally. Maybe there's a good reason, I just can't think of one. I've heard all the stories about harassment while you're out flying, because folks can lookup your exact location, but have never seen or heard of it actually happening. At least not due to remote ID or a drone scanner.

Reactions: tonyack
Why would you care about remote ID as long as you're flying legally. Maybe there's a good reason, I just can't think of one. I've heard all the stories about harassment while you're out flying, because folks can lookup your exact location, but have never seen or heard of it actually happening. At least not due to remote ID or a drone scanner.
Give it time. It puts a target on the back of every complying drone pilot. Just because you are flying legally doesn't mean you can't be harassed, interrogated, and interrupted by anyone who knows your exact location and is just annoyed, and wants to express that annoyance personally with a confrontation. Meanwhile, you and your equipment are potential targets for robbery and theft during the distraction of your flight by opportunists.

Well you can still edit the Remote ID string, can't you? But no matter what, would you be risking a hefty fine just because of that custom DH FW, which, based on what I've read, actually has some bugs including fly aways? Whatever happens and they find out you have custom FW there in case of crash or damage of property, the fine may be even heftier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabut