DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Mavic 3 films the AFTERMATH OF A SMALL BEACH WEDDING. :( ... Processed to 2160p

Erie , felt like i was playing an x box game for a bit, but the guy on the sand chair was the surprise.
Great camera work, and amazing music for the mood. Well Played.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Cool vid. Great flying. What caused the color fluctuation in the video?

Cool vid. Great flying. What caused the color fluctuation in the video?
I was filming just before dawn. The sun was had not reached the horizon yet, but there was enough light to film. The color changes were caused by the camera itself when I simply changed its angle to the subject I was filming. I guess the colors coming directly off the subject matter filmed and that of the ambient light color from the sun were so different that the camera couldn't maintain its white balance. Someone with more expertise may be able to answer this question.

Good question though. I wish it didn't do that. I wonder if there is a way to lock the white balance and keep it from changing. I wonder if that would even help.

EDIT: I think I see the reason. The outside ambient light was very bluish in tint, while the lights attached to the tent structure were amber. So, depending on which color was hitting a particular subject, the camera picked up each color as separate and recorded the blue to amber and vise verra color change.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimSteadman
I was filming just before dawn. The sun was had not reached the horizon yet, but there was enough light to film. The color changes were caused by the camera itself when I simply changed its angle to the subject I was filming. I guess the colors coming directly off the subject matter filmed and that of the ambient light color from the sun were so different that the camera couldn't maintain its white balance. Someone with more expertise may be able to answer this question.

Good question though. I wish it didn't do that. I wonder if there is a way to lock the white balance and keep it from changing. I wonder if that would even help.
I am asking because I have a 3Classic that is doing that in d-log with everything locked down on manual except focus. I'll have this lush vibrant video going along and all of a sudden for about a second everything will go flush and flat. I have an appointment with DJI tomorrow to do some testing and try to flush this out.

EDIT: I think I see the reason. The outside ambient light was very bluish in tint, while the lights attached to the tent structure were amber. So, depending on which color was hitting a particular subject, the camera picked up each color as separate and recorded the blue to amber and vise verra color change.
OooPs, Yes you can put the camera in pro mode, put white balance in manual (switch off auto) and set the white balance to whatever you want in Kalvin.

I am asking because I have a 3Classic that is doing that in d-log with everything locked down on manual except focus. I'll have this lush vibrant video going along and all of a sudden for about a second everything will go flush and flat. I have an appointment with DJI tomorrow to do some testing and try to flush this out.
Maybe because the amber lighting in the tent was so different to the outside ambient pre-dawn light, the camera just filmed the colors it saw as they were. I'll try locking my white balance manually, if I can figure out the steps on how to do that.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Looked and sounded like one of those “the day after…” movies. Missed the UFO though..too late, they’re gone

Reactions: RDell
Soundtrack was probably suited more to the Divorcé Courts or a funeral maybe? 🤣Nicely flown & edited though.
That was part of the reason I chose the soundtrack. I've been married once. And had a few very long term relationships. In the end, they didn't work out. However, I still remain friends with my former partners.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123