DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 fiming in HLG but once edited, HDR is gone

JelP

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I usually film in HLG and when viewing the rush, the video is detected as HDR.
When I edit the video and do some color correction with Davinci, once exported the video is no more detected as HDR.
On Davinci the timeline and output colorspace is set with Rec.2020 (scene). When I export, I use the Main10 profile.
What should I do to keep the HDR profile?

Hi everyone,

I usually film in HLG and when viewing the rush, the video is detected as HDR.
When I edit the video and do some color correction with Davinci, once exported the video is no more detected as HDR.
On Davinci the timeline and output colorspace is set with Rec.2020 (scene). When I export, I use the Main10 profile.
What should I do to keep the HDR profile?
1) Your output gamma also has to be HLG
2) For best results you’ll need to make sure you are also editing in an HDR timeline.

Easiest way to do 1 and 2 without going down a rabbit hole is to use color managment in the project settings and just use the simple HDR processing.

1) Your output gamma also has to be HLG
2) For best results you’ll need to make sure you are also editing in an HDR timeline.

Easiest way to do 1 and 2 without going down a rabbit hole is to use color managment in the project settings and just use the simple HDR processing.
Can you show in DaVinci screens the sittings for HDR timeline colour space? There is a lot of options.

Can you show in DaVinci screens the sittings for HDR timeline colour space? There is a lot of options.
1F5B4317-E301-4FA0-BA7E-82624A8D7859.png
Some of these settings depend on the capabilities of your display but these are what I would recommend for most in a general sense. “In the HDR Mastering for #### nits” put your displays maximum full screen sustained brightness. If you can’t find that information just uncheck that box.

View attachment 161403
Some of these settings depend on the capabilities of your display but these are what I would recommend for most in a general sense. “In the HDR Mastering for #### nits” put your displays maximum full screen sustained brightness. If you can’t find that information just uncheck that box.
If I have HDR display monitor should I change in Windows to HDR mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1