DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 - Footage of first flights

Bernd Gill

Reactions
I compiled a short video of the first flights with my Mavic 3 - unfortunately the weather was not so exciting in the last days, so there was only one day of sun. )(footage is color graded in Final Cut)

What I like is the new main camera, picture and video footage improved a lot (even only using 4K resolution). The zoom camera can create some good footage, but it requires light. But definitely you can create stuff that was unthinkable before (in my short video the sunset). All photos still look not completely sharp at 7* Zoom, where the drone switches to the Tele camera. I wonder if it would not just be possible from a HW perspective to also create RAW pictures with a SW update.

What I hate of the new camera is the green lens flat when taking video or pictures against the sun.

Nice video! Is that footage straight out the drone or was there post processing of color?

Howard
I was color grading it in Final Cut with Cinema Grade. The footage from the sunny days have only little correction - without the filters the footage was a bit to bright. The footage from the fogy day has more correction. I wanted to understand for me the dynamic range especially for the zoom camera.

Reactions: Howard70
I am disappointed with that lens flare as well. It's not that I hate lens flares in general. The Evo 2 Pro has these really strong flares but they are beautiful in my opinion, with shafts of gold an blue. and a halo of the sun in certain conditions.

Here's one example I just uploaded to illustrate after seeing this green dot again. I think I'll end up avoiding the sun with M3. A shame really. 😔

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair