DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 for mapping

Ah, this is great news, except all that bitter M3 taste in my mouth. Will be surprised if it's ready out the box. Also an annoyance or even deal breaker if it can't run DroneHarmony/DroneDeploy/MapPilotPro within a couple months after release.
Hey Debaser_AZ, so it looks like Mavic 3 is still not compatible with Dronedeploy for flight automation, is this true? Given that DJIs own Terra system doesn't work with Mavics either I would have thought they could have got the third party apps working by now...

Heard confirmations that an SDK will be out sometime in December around Christmas time.

Until an SDK comes out, here is a site I just found when I was searching how to manually map with a Mavic 3. Looks like it could work well! I'm definitely going to try it.

The Mavic 3 for photogrammetry - Manual Nadir Scanning

The Mavic 3 - latest and greatest DJI drone without support for flight planners yet. Learn how to fly manually for photogrammetry purposes.
www.pix-pro.com
www.pix-pro.com
Ive a question - not yet having an M3, but about to pull the trigger. I won't be able to afford the Enterprise or the pro controller at this point. So, with the base M3 and RC controller, will it even be possible to use any 3rd party apps at all? And how would you do that if you can't install 3rd party apps on the RC transmitter?

How are any of you dealing with this - if you are?
Also assuming I have the M3 & RC, is it a problem doing unlocks and LAANC authorizations?
I am used to using an iPad on my P4P v2, so no experience with the dedicated controller with built in screen.

Ive a question - not yet having an M3, but about to pull the trigger. I won't be able to afford the Enterprise or the pro controller at this point. So, with the base M3 and RC controller, will it even be possible to use any 3rd party apps at all? And how would you do that if you can't install 3rd party apps on the RC transmitter?

How are any of you dealing with this - if you are?
Also assuming I have the M3 & RC, is it a problem doing unlocks and LAANC authorizations?
I am used to using an iPad on my P4P v2, so no experience with the dedicated controller with built in screen.
DJI said there will be no SDK for the 'base' M3 this year. This means no 3rd party apps. No efficient way to fly any mapping job bigger than, lets say, 50 photos. I'm not holding on and waiting, personally, as the mechanical shutter is essential for a proper mapping drone. RTK integration is icing on the cake.

However, I want all the bells and whistles of both cameras on the M3. From my understanding, RAW and certain video options are not on the M3E. Mapping and inspection aren't everything. Need to make a hard choice, because I can't get the M3E without unloading my M3.

DroneDeploy can be installed on the M3E controller btw:

Mavic 3 Enterprise: Built for Mapping | DroneDeploy

[Ah, yes this has been stated already above]

Was talking to UGCS at Airworks; the SDK for the M3E is a newer version of the Mobile SDK so it may take a couple of months for them to re-write their apps to support.

I have recently bought a Mavic 3 Enterprise in October. Friday 11-03-2022 was able to have my first night flight. I started flying right before sunset, and I had a caution come on my RC controller. Caution says Horizontal Ostacle Sensing System Unavailable. Horizontal ambient light too low. (0x1A420BC6) Horizontal Obstalce Avoidance unavailable. Return to home promptly and check horizontal vision sensors. Fly with caution. Can anyone help me? Anyone ever get this error code.

I have recently bought a Mavic 3 Enterprise in October. Friday 11-03-2022 was able to have my first night flight. I started flying right before sunset, and I had a caution come on my RC controller. Caution says Horizontal Ostacle Sensing System Unavailable. Horizontal ambient light too low. (0x1A420BC6) Horizontal Obstalce Avoidance unavailable. Return to home promptly and check horizontal vision sensors. Fly with caution. Can anyone help me? Anyone ever get this error code.
I get same warnings with my M3E. Going to test a bit more.

All it means is that there is not enough light for your OA sensors to detect properly. Just watch where your drone is. It's normal.

All it means is that there is not enough light for your OA sensors to detect properly. Just watch where your drone is. It's normal.
Yes it is but why not for all ? Calibration ?

DJI's English wording for cautions in the app are not as good as they should be.
Here's another that shouldn't be taken literally.
i-NRLK4QL-M.jpg

Calibration of sensors won't make up for insufficient light.
Yes agree, but I would expect warning in all directions for low light.. Not a big deal. I see the horizontal all the time in low light as they are vison sensors then the IR suppose to help but not as good.

The preflight check in DJI Pilot 2. UAV Health Management System :)

Thanks.

Simple don't fly at Night... I do got strobe light :)

Thanks. I understand. I may need to send this drone back and get a different drone if this is normal with the Mavic 3 Enterprise. I had a Mavic 3 Pro a few months ago and it was not normal for this caution message to show. Everything thing worked the same during daylight hours. I need to use this drone for day and night missions. It’s a great drone but I need to fly it at night between structures. Thank you all for responding.

Thanks. I understand. I may need to send this drone back and get a different drone if this is normal with the Mavic 3 Enterprise. I had a Mavic 3 Pro a few months ago and it was not normal for this caution message to show. Everything thing worked the same during daylight hours. I need to use this drone for day and night missions. It’s a great drone but I need to fly it at night between structures. Thank you all for responding.
It sounds like you need a $100K military drone that uses Lidar.
Your Mavic 3 (even the Enterprise model) uses visual sensors for obstacle avoidance and must have sufficient lighting for the sensors to see obstacles.

It sounds like you need a $100K military drone that uses Lidar.
Your Mavic 3 (even the Enterprise model) uses visual sensors for obstacle avoidance and must have sufficient lighting for the sensors to see obstacles.
I thought about that. Well not one that expensive but I might need two drones. This M3E is amazing but I know I need one for night operation. Thinking about the Matrice. I flew it back in June during my drone training class. Nice piece of machinery!!!

For all you need something like CSM Radar at night and it might work later with M3E.

Reactions: Darth Poohius
Ok. Sounds like something to look into. It’s important that I get something to allow me to do night flights.
I done night fight with my M3E and the M30T not much yet, I found the M30 seems to be better but not good obstacle avoidance for any at night, none will do it good without radar. As the radar work with the M300 it should work with M3E/T but might need todo app and use SDK :)

I done night fight with my M3E and the M30T not much yet, I found the M30 seems to be better but not good obstacle avoidance for any at night, none will do it good without radar. As the radar work with the M300 it should work with M3E/T but might need todo app and use SDK :)
Good deal! Hey did you sign up and download the beta version of DroneDeploy for your M3E? I had already downloaded the 14 day trial and I don’t believe I’m using the beta that Marissa from DroneDeploy emailed me. Drone Deploy is working with my RC remote but after 14 days it’s all over. So I am between a rock and a hard place. I will have to pay for it to continue to practice with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka