DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Front Right arm replacement

Intercase

Reactions
Hey guys, I want to make it quick so:
I crashed my brand new Mavic 3. It’s safe to say that the Mavic 3 in sport mode does not do well with trees and now the stand of the right front arm broke off. The led is still working and other than that nothing seems to be faulty. Motors are spinning, gimble seems intact and there are no errors shown. The stand seems to be held with some tony screws so I would be easy to replace it but I can’t find any spare parts whatsoever. Do you guys know any sources for it? Would it be expensive to get it repaired at DJI since it is only such a minor damage?

Try contacting @DDS here in the forum I believe he make an announcement that he already has M3 parts available in his shop. Also he is an approved forum vendor and DJI repair shop.

Try contacting @DDS here in the forum I believe he make an announcement that he already has M3 parts available in his shop. Also he is an approved forum vendor and DJI repair shop.
Hey, thanks for your answer. Through research I found that post too. Already contacted him. I hope he can help me out.

If you end up having it repaired I would use an EU repairer. Things might get expensive, because of customs duties etc. if you send it out of the EU.

If you end up having it repaired I would use an EU repairer. Things might get expensive, because of customs duties etc. if you send it out of the EU.
I hope for getting the replacement part so I can fix it by myself. Since the leg is only held my some screws it wouldn’t be worth the hassle sending it to a repair shop.

You might find that recognised dealers etc. are not permitted to sell such parts, that's what I found in the UK with my M2Z. Having repaired my M2Z I can see a reason behind such thinking, there may be other, unnoticed, damage and a failure to spot it could lead to accidents which might be damaging to DJI's reputation etc. etc.
Besides, the, at a guess, landing leg, may contain bits that need desoldering and resoldering to allow the replacement of the landing leg e.g. the antennae and possibly LED's.

You might find that recognised dealers etc. are not permitted to sell such parts, that's what I found in the UK with my M2Z. Having repaired my M2Z I can see a reason behind such thinking, there may be other, unnoticed, damage and a failure to spot it could lead to accidents which might be damaging to DJI's reputation etc. etc.
Besides, the, at a guess, landing leg, may contain bits that need desoldering and resoldering to allow the replacement of the landing leg e.g. the antennae and possibly LED's.
Yeah, you are probably right. I wonder what DJIs price for such a repair might be.

a lot less trouble and you'd probably get a brand new drone.
Seems unrealistic. For what I know and all the tests I did only the landing leg will need to be replaced. I could not do a test flight since all of its propellers are done as well but the camera still works fine and there were no errors in the Fly App so I don’t really think they will completely exchange it. Hopefully it won’t be that expensive in the end.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Seems unrealistic. For what I know and all the tests I did only the landing leg will need to be replaced. I could not do a test flight since all of its propellers are done as well but the camera still works fine and there were no errors in the Fly App so I don’t really think they will completely exchange it. Hopefully it won’t be that expensive in the end.
I crashed my MP1 and broke a left front leg off. We were in the desert and still wanted to fly so I removed broken leg and took a piece of plastic drinking straw and slipped over antenna and taped it on. Worked perfect the rest of the trip. When I got home I ordered a replacement and put it back together and it's good as new.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929