DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Issue's Out of the box...

Hi
I’m certain you are receiving update patches every time you login and have the drone turned on. During setup the Pro RC asked asked your permission to operate (update) in the background. If you answered yes, it could be in que on some parts of the FW package.
It sucks, it’s not right, but, it is what it is.
Mine did my Cine came in for its first return to home pitching and overshooting the LZ then missed by 10’ at least. Then the next day it prompted me for a FW update again.

Now it didn’t pitch and overshoot. But it missed the LZ repeatedly.

Then when I canceled RTH it was WONKY. All of the right stick r/l fwd/rvs were on high rates but with too much smoothness od it jumped and recovered slowly.

So now a week later and no problems for now except all the missing functions.

I suspect either DJI servers are overwhelmed by this FW release or it’s coming in patches.

This is a Cine premium combo.

Just my thoughts.

BTW, my standard M3 kit with RC Pro should be here tomorrow.
I have had nothing but wonky results with controlling this drone! I know my up down left right simple controls and this thing was flying in all different directions. Only drone I have flown when I felt completely not in control! Very unnerving!
Way beyond frustrating, I only felt comfortable landing and even then it would travel sideways in an uncertain direction before coming to a stop. Unsafe!!!

For sure. Can’t wait for autonomous land vehicles. Should be safe right!

Attachments

• CF3F9DA6-294D-4AD4-B78E-C6DC7EC98655.jpeg
    CF3F9DA6-294D-4AD4-B78E-C6DC7EC98655.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • AD0B16C1-1303-40CD-8527-2F6A7513CD6D.jpeg
    AD0B16C1-1303-40CD-8527-2F6A7513CD6D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
I am having many issues with the Mavic 3 and smart controller.
I have calibrated the controller and all other calibrations have been done over and over again. IMU, RC controller gimbal etc...
Every time at take off the left stick control works to increase elevation and rotation but if I use the right stick the Mavic 3 goes in a diagonal and erratic uncontrollable direction. It even gains elevation while I am only using the right stick.

And yes I have the most current firmware update on the controller and Mavic 3. VERY ANNOYED, NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH MY Mavic 3 experience! Just wanted all to be advised before they purchase this thing that it doesn't appear to have been thoroughly tested be fore release. We are the guinea pigs!

Next stop is to get in touch with DJI to see how I might get this resolved. I am just like you a simple consumer. I did not expect this thing to be a flop out of the box. Buyer Beware!!
If I get this resolved I will let you know.
Kindest regards,
I have the same issue whenever I start. Once I started my flight I always had adjust the height as the Mavic 3 when flying forward also went upwards. Once I corrected the course everything was working again as it should. Either a problem of the remote or the software

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum! Hope you get it sorted out

I'm definitely having all sorts of problems, such as refusing to hold manual focus at Infinity for night shots; won't maintain exposure compensation (resets to zero after each photo), takes almost four hours to recharge battery in the M3 (charger no longer comes with the drone and aftermarket charger from DJI still not available). and on and on.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 10.20.19 AM.png

Portable charger comes with it. Do you mean the hub? If so, that does not speed up charging.

Maybe you mean when charging in the drone the charge rate is slower?

Hi
I’m certain you are receiving update patches every time you login and have the drone turned on. During setup the Pro RC asked asked your permission to operate (update) in the background. If you answered yes, it could be in que on some parts of the FW package.
It sucks, it’s not right, but, it is what it is.
Mine did my Cine came in for its first return to home pitching and overshooting the LZ then missed by 10’ at least. Then the next day it prompted me for a FW update again.

Now it didn’t pitch and overshoot. But it missed the LZ repeatedly.

Then when I canceled RTH it was WONKY. All of the right stick r/l fwd/rvs were on high rates but with too much smoothness od it jumped and recovered slowly.

So now a week later and no problems for now except all the missing functions.

I suspect either DJI servers are overwhelmed by this FW release or it’s coming in patches.

This is a Cine premium combo.

Just my thoughts.

BTW, my standard M3 kit with RC Pro should be here tomorrow.
Congrats on the new kit...

View attachment 139383

Portable charger comes with it. Do you mean the hub? If so, that does not speed up charging.

Maybe you mean when charging in the drone the charge rate is slower?
No... If you buy the Flymore kit and the smart controller as I did, 4200 bucks. The smart controller does not come with a charger only a single cable in the box.... Can you say rip off? 1200 bucks Chinese are drawing and quartering you...

I'm convinced that OA is seriously flawed on this aircraft. It's literally afraid of the sun. I was in normal mode flying towards a sunset and it was flying all jerky. I put it in sport mode and it flew like normal. Man I hope they resolve this stuff in the upcoming firmware.

Last edited:
No... If you buy the Flymore kit and the smart controller as I did, 4200 bucks. The smart controller does not come with a charger only a single cable in the box.... Can you say rip off? 1200 bucks Chinese are drawing and quartering you...
The biggest complaint I've seen about this drone is the price. From everyone. YT people. People on this forum and other forums. Basically anyone willing to share their opinion of it, it goes back to price.

I was a bit taken aback when people here said, and I'm paraphrasing, that "everyone needs to stop whining about the price."

It's a valid concern and critique.

My personal opinion is that with previous drones from DJI, that value proposition was much better. Yes, the M2P was expensive, but compared to the MP or Air, you received something much better for the price difference. For the M3, I think the price difference between it and the M2P and the Air 2S includes a lot more profit than value.

It feels like they're turning you upside down and shaking all the change out of your pockets. And I don't think people would feel the same way if the controller was much better and if the software used to fly it as more customizable.

Reactions: Plasma
I am having many issues with the Mavic 3 and smart controller.
I have calibrated the controller and all other calibrations have been done over and over again. IMU, RC controller gimbal etc...
Every time at take off the left stick control works to increase elevation and rotation but if I use the right stick the Mavic 3 goes in a diagonal and erratic uncontrollable direction. It even gains elevation while I am only using the right stick.

And yes I have the most current firmware update on the controller and Mavic 3. VERY ANNOYED, NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH MY Mavic 3 experience! Just wanted all to be advised before they purchase this thing that it doesn't appear to have been thoroughly tested be fore release. We are the guinea pigs!

Next stop is to get in touch with DJI to see how I might get this resolved. I am just like you a simple consumer. I did not expect this thing to be a flop out of the box. Buyer Beware!!
If I get this resolved I will let you know.
Kindest regards,

Hmm, I had none of these issues with my Mavic 3 Cine and smart controller.

Are you sure you are doing the calibrations correctly? The process is very specific (distance above ground for compass, for ex).

The biggest complaint I've seen about this drone is the price. From everyone. YT people. People on this forum and other forums. Basically anyone willing to share their opinion of it, it goes back to price.

I was a bit taken aback when people here said, and I'm paraphrasing, that "everyone needs to stop whining about the price."

It's a valid concern and critique.

My personal opinion is that with previous drones from DJI, that value proposition was much better. Yes, the M2P was expensive, but compared to the MP or Air, you received something much better for the price difference. For the M3, I think the price difference between it and the M2P and the Air 2S includes a lot more profit than value.

It feels like they're turning you upside down and shaking all the change out of your pockets. And I don't think people would feel the same way if the controller was much better and if the software used to fly it as more customizable.

Agree that everyone should stop whining about price. But I think it’s great value. $2k for a 4/3 sensor AND a bonus zoom camera, so you don’t have to choose one or the other (I’m looking at you, Mavic 2!), longer flight time, quieter, smoother more stable flights, etc, etc.
it’s a no brainer! Unless you just bought a Mavic 2. But at around $1k used, that’s a good deal too.

Reactions: WeaselSW
I also found the batteries discharged sitting in the case after only 3 days. It can really hinder your productivity.
According to the manual this is by design. I disagree with the design decision but, since it's a fait accompli, before flying I always top off however many batteries I anticipate needing.

2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for three days, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for nine days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. [from Page 24 of the Mavic 3 Manual PDF]

Can someone start a poll to see how many of us are having problems with the M3. I'm still considering one after the January update and would like some numbers.
mine is defective for sure and will be returning it this week... in fact I am not going to fly it again in fear of it crashing.

mine is defective for sure and will be returning it this week... in fact I am not going to fly it again in fear of it crashing.
I was running all the most recent firmware for the controller and the drone as well. It just flew erratically. You push one way on the sticks and get a completely different outcome from the drone. Perhaps they need a sensor calibration added, I don't know.

I was running all the most recent firmware for the controller and the drone as well. It just flew erratically. You push one way on the sticks and get a completely different outcome from the drone. Perhaps they need a sensor calibration added, I don't know.
This is what was on the controller.

Attachments

• Unnamed attachment.jpeg
    Unnamed attachment.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
i am doing the IMU cal. now

The quickest way to get a meaningful response is posting the flight log. There are folks here that can decipher them and in most case tell you exactly what went wrong.

Something to keep in mind is all of the folks who take a free drone or loan it from DJI are not really interested in helping you make an independent choice. Look at the new Northrup video he tells it like it is "the camera isn't all that much better" unless your shooting at night as compared to the Air 2s. The zoom feature is at the level of toy quality. Now why would they put that in a drone that is only for the "Professional cinematographer"?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike