DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Panoramas - Disable processing?

ringmountain

Reactions
Hello, I am curious if it might be possible to disable the stitching of images into the 360* image to save time while shooting. I really enjoy the speed with which it captures the images but I’ve lost several panoramas due to moving a control stick slightly within the 1minute processing time. I also have no use for a spherical low res jpeg panorama and I assume that’s what takes so long to create after the images are captured. Based on my experience using the M3 shooting lots of raw images with little to no lag between shots I wonder how much faster a panorama would be without the stitched image. Thanks

Hello, I am curious if it might be possible to disable the stitching of images into the 360* image to save time while shooting. I really enjoy the speed with which it captures the images but I’ve lost several panoramas due to moving a control stick slightly within the 1minute processing time. I also have no use for a spherical low res jpeg panorama and I assume that’s what takes so long to create after the images are captured. Based on my experience using the M3 shooting lots of raw images with little to no lag between shots I wonder how much faster a panorama would be without the stitched image. Thanks
I’ve previously posted here as well about the inability to relocate the drone during the prolonged processing time of the pano. Annoying that the system aborts when you accidentally touch one of the sticks.
The pano image capture is amazingly fast though.

Reactions: zeusfl
Takes 40 seconds to shoot the 26 images and 35 seconds to process them. When the process reaches 50%, the shooting is complete. Moving the control sticks after that would cancel the stitch creation, and the shot images should remain on the microSD card. Try it and report back. BTW, it is definitely not a low res panorama stitch. It is now a high resolution 50-60MB jpeg, which represents a roughly 300MB stitch from the 26 20MB images with significant overlap.

Takes 40 seconds to shoot the 26 images and 35 seconds to process them. When the process reaches 50%, the shooting is complete. Moving the control sticks after that would cancel the stitch creation, and the shot images should remain on the microSD card. Try it and report back. BTW, it is definitely not a low res panorama stitch. It is now a high resolution 50-60MB jpeg, which represents a roughly 300MB stitch from the 26 20MB images with significant overlap.
Yes, the spherical panoramic produced is stunningly beautiful !

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Absolutely amazing panoramas at high resolutions. Check this example that I created.

I have been very happy with the M3 panos as well. This is a great example! How do you like using Kuula for 360s?
Kuula is really good. Looks much better than Facebook and has utilities to fix the horizon. The HDR, sharpness is really bad, I don't use them but the rest is really good.

Absolutely amazing panoramas at high resolutions. Check this example that I created.

Kuula compresses the heck out of the original 50+MB original, and doesn't do it justice. Severely limits the zoom into the details. Is this what it did to the original file that you uploaded, or did you use a recommended compression program before uploading it? They say 10,000 by 10,000 max on the upload on free accounts and my M3 originals are 14400 x 7200. They admit that they can't handle large files well. I convert mine to web files with StudioPanorama Pro and upload them to my own site so no quality is lost. Huge difference!

Reactions: Bussty
I would love to kow if it is possible to avoid that process as well. As there is no HDR function for panos such Litchi app has, I need to wait the whole process to finish, and then re-capture the entire pano with other settings. Or sometimes I just need to start filming inmediatly.
Many thanks

Pablo

I would love to kow if it is possible to avoid that process as well. As there is no HDR function for panos such Litchi app has, I need to wait the whole process to finish, and then re-capture the entire pano with other settings. Or sometimes I just need to start filming inmediatly.
Many thanks

Pablo
See Post #3 above.

I have tried that several times, and it actually the drone flies to another place, but the process is not aborted in my case
If you are on the latest FW, any movement of the sticks should cancel the Pano creation, prior to 100% completion. As long as 50% completion is reached, the images are already saved, and only the stitch is cancelled, which is what you want. Alternatively, press the Pause/Cancel button on the remote. That might have the same effect.

If you are on the latest FW, any movement of the sticks should cancel the Pano creation, prior to 100% completion. As long as 50% completion is reached, the images are already saved, and only the stitch is cancelled, which is what you want. Alternatively, press the Pause/Cancel button on the remote. That might have the same effect.
I'm not getting that behaviour. I updated to latest FW in case that was the issue, but the issue remains. I can move the dron buy I cannot acces ton any photo/video function till the pano is 100% processed

I'm not getting that behaviour. I updated to latest FW in case that was the issue, but the issue remains. I can move the dron buy I cannot acces ton any photo/video function till the pano is 100% processed
For me, that's actually an improvement in my current pano functionality. One can then fly onto your next location or just continue to explore, without waiting in place for the pano to complete processing, drawing further attention to the hovering drone! I am still on .0800 to prevent prematurely broadcasting RID. On my FW, moving any stick cancels the processing, forcing me to hover in place for another 35 seconds during the processing, which I want to complete. Makes sense that the processing requires all recording resources, preventing any new recording until the pano is completely processed.

Reactions: Pbetancourt
For me, that's actually an improvement in my current pano functionality. One can then fly onto your next location or just continue to explore, without waiting in place for the pano to complete processing, drawing further attention to the hovering drone! I am still on .0800 to prevent prematurely broadcasting RID. On my FW, moving any stick cancels the processing, forcing me to hover in place for another 35 seconds during the processing, which I want to complete. Makes sense that the processing requires all recording resources, preventing any new recording until the pano is completely processed.
I guess it would ne nice to have that functionality then, but with the option of cancelling it. In my case I never use the autostitched panos since I do that in PTGUi which allows you to correct all the stitching errors. Then I need a 16bit, TIF or PSB file to convert that on Panoramic tour software (Krpano, Pano2VR). If I drag there the autostitched jpg the banding in the skies and the general quality is far from ideal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580