DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro lag. Anyone else

mikey201

Reactions
Anyone else have lag on their mavic 3 pro. I have the DJI RC. Whenever I'm flying The touchscreen controls are laggy. When switching shutter or aperture etc. When change flight modes and when going from photo to video or vise versa (physical buttons or touch screen ) it takes a good half second If not more to switch over

Common complaint. Wouldn't it have been better if DJI simply didn't make the RC compatible with the M3Pro and only the RC Pro would work? I mean, there seems to be a lot of complaint about substandard performance and in the past, DJI took a lot of criticism when they didn't allow such things right away. Perhaps they should have blocked the RC until they make it better? Or, never release it because it's never going to get any better? I dunno, what do you think?

Common complaint. Wouldn't it have been better if DJI simply didn't make the RC compatible with the M3Pro and only the RC Pro would work? I mean, there seems to be a lot of complaint about substandard performance and in the past, DJI took a lot of criticism when they didn't allow such things right away. Perhaps they should have blocked the RC until they make it better? Or, never release it because it's never going to get any better? I dunno, what do you think?
It is my understanding that the RC Pro has the exact same issue when switching between cameras. It’s not a DJ RC specific issue. Do you have any information to the contrary?

It is my understanding that the RC Pro has the exact same issue when switching between cameras. It’s not a DJ RC specific issue. Do you have any information to the contrary?
Correct, this is a common complaint on the M3Pro that it takes awhile to switch between cameras and you cannot switch without stopping the recording. I would imagine DJI would get around to fixing that one day.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I can confirm that the RC Pro behaves this way with the Mavic 3 Pro. It’s not just changing cameras. Any kind of change has vary degrees of lag - most notable are changing cameras, changing from photo to video and changing exposure modes between auto/pro.

It isn’t completely breaking the experience, but these things were instant with my Air 2S so it’s noticeable.

Correct, this is a common complaint on the M3Pro that it takes awhile to switch between cameras and you cannot switch without stopping the recording. I would imagine DJI would get around to fixing that one day.
Mavic 3 works the same way, which is why I usually shoot video in Explore Mode, which switches cameras almost seamlessly during zooming, especially on the Mavic 3 Pro, where there is no longer an annoying jump from a pixelated 4x to a sharp 7x. The 3x telephoto in between the 1z and the 7x on the Mavic 3 was exactly what was needed!

I can confirm that the RC Pro behaves this way with the Mavic 3 Pro. It’s not just changing cameras. Any kind of change has vary degrees of lag - most notable are changing cameras, changing from photo to video and changing exposure modes between auto/pro.

It isn’t completely breaking the experience, but these things were instant with my Air 2S so it’s noticeable.
Air 2S only has one camera, so everything is simpler. Having 3 discrete cameras certainly adds to the complexity. In time, DJI may be able to optimize the speed of changes, but the DJI RC is currently not to blame. It's the drone's more complex camera system.

Reactions: VinceEdward
Umm idk this is my first time having the DJI RC. I just know there's lag on everything

I'm not just talking about the cameras switching I'm talking about everything. Camera settings and photo to video and camera modes

I'm not just talking about the cameras switching I'm talking about everything. Camera settings and photo to video and camera modes
Same as on the RC Pro. It is not a DJI RC issue. Upgrading to the RC Pro won't change that.

Flying mine this weekend, it was a bit laggy with switching from photo to video and vice versa and often requiring multiple button presses to get it to swtich. I had similar issues with my Air2s and the Smart Controller, although much less pronounced, so to some degree this is "normal," but this was quite a bit worse. That was about the only lag I experienced though...no real issues with the menus or switching modes or inputs or anything. So I'll keep an eye on it.

Flying mine this weekend, it was a bit laggy with switching from photo to video and vice versa and often requiring multiple button presses to get it to swtich. I had similar issues with my Air2s and the Smart Controller, although much less pronounced, so to some degree this is "normal," but this was quite a bit worse. That was about the only lag I experienced though...no real issues with the menus or switching modes or inputs or anything. So I'll keep an eye on it.
Much like a "slow to respond" elevator summoning button, or Pedestrian Cross Light, multiple presses are unnecessary. You just need to be patient to wait for the first one to kick in, but, if it makes you feel better, press repeatedly. It just that it doesn't make it switch any faster.

Much like a "slow to respond" elevator summoning button, or Pedestrian Cross Light, multiple presses are unnecessary. You just need to be patient to wait for the first one to kick in, but, if it makes you feel better, press repeatedly. It just that it doesn't make it switch any faster.
No, that's not the type of lag I'm talking about. What you describe is like the type of lag when switching zooms, but I'm talking about physical button presses that don't register at all. I think there are a couple issues at play. First, I think the controller doesn't queue commands, or at least doesn't do it very well. So if you click to stop recording video, and then click to switch to photos, the drone will not recognize the second click a lot of times up to a few seconds after the first click and the camera stops recording. Second, the buttons are sort of picky about what kind of presses they'll respond to. Sometimes I can press a button quickly and it's fine, but other times I have to be very deliberate and almost hold the button for a second to get it to respond. At least for me, this issue is primarily when switching from photo to video and vice versa using the physical shoulder buttons.

No, that's not the type of lag I'm talking about. What you describe is like the type of lag when switching zooms, but I'm talking about physical button presses that don't register at all. I think there are a couple issues at play. First, I think the controller doesn't queue commands, or at least doesn't do it very well. So if you click to stop recording video, and then click to switch to photos, the drone will not recognize the second click a lot of times up to a few seconds after the first click and the camera stops recording. Second, the buttons are sort of picky about what kind of presses they'll respond to. Sometimes I can press a button quickly and it's fine, but other times I have to be very deliberate and almost hold the button for a second to get it to respond. At least for me, this issue is primarily when switching from photo to video and vice versa using the physical shoulder buttons.
I should have made a distinction between the physical buttons and the virtual buttons on screen. The physical buttons should only require one press. However, I don't use the physical buttons for photos and video. I use the onscreen virtual ones, so I can see a response. The virtual onscreen buttons can also be a bit sketchy at time, and may require multiple touches to work. For me, the 3 dots in the upper right on the RC Pro are very difficult hit properly. It constantly wants to show a yellow frame on the screen instead! I have also accidentally turned off video recording more than once, while trying to set manual focus on screen, as the onscreen virtual buttons are too close together! Bottom line, make sure you are still recording!

Basically, the RC is a toy!
This from DJI Paladin -

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You refer to the information below regarding the difference between the DJI RC and DJI RC Pro for your DJI Mavic 3 Pro.

1. The DJI RC does not have a 5D Button. With a simplified design, its Flight Pause Button and Return to Home (RTH) Button are one and the same button.
2. The DJI RC does not have additional internal storage.
3. The DJI RC does not support the installation of third-party apps.
4. The DJI RC does not support outdoor mode.
5. Button: The DJI RC Pro has a 5D button, Back button/Fn, and C3 button, and the DJI RC does not have these buttons.
6. Performance: The DJI RC Pro processor has a robust performance and a large storage capacity and supports the installation of third-party apps. The DJI RC, however, does not.
7. Control: DJI RC Pro has a Hall spring joystick for greater accuracy and a smoother feeling. However, the DJI RC only has a potentiometer spring rocker.
8. DJI RC Pro supports the downloading, viewing, management and direct sharing of original videos. However, in DJI RC, the microSD card needs to be inserted to download all non-10 bit 4K and below videos and photos (the DJI RC firmware should be updated to v01.02.0000), and only 1080p videos can be played.

Yes it is. In Chinese community an Geek said that because of lack of hash power. Maybe the next gen Mavic 4 will use much more powerful chips.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1