DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro panorama question

Another question for anyone who already has a Mavic 3 Pro - do any of the panorama modes work with either the 3x or 7x lens/sensors? With the older Mavic 3 the pano modes only work in 1x mode and if you select a pano mode while in 7x the drone immediately switches to 1x and 7x is not selectable.

I have found myself wishing I could use the pano features with 7x on more than a handful of occasions and can easily see how I will be wanting to do this even more with the Mavic 3 Pro.
I haven't checked that but I have a checklist for today's flight. I'll get back to you sometime later today. I haven't tried any pano modes at all yet. I've only had it a few days now. I will say this, all 3 batteries with the 100 watt block charge super fast. It takes just a little over an hour to charge the 3 batteries.

Another question for anyone who already has a Mavic 3 Pro - do any of the panorama modes work with either the 3x or 7x lens/sensors? With the older Mavic 3 the pano modes only work in 1x mode and if you select a pano mode while in 7x the drone immediately switches to 1x and 7x is not selectable.

I have found myself wishing I could use the pano features with 7x on more than a handful of occasions and can easily see how I will be wanting to do this even more with the Mavic 3 Pro.
I've taken a lot of great panos with the 3x. Just pivot and shoot with plenty of overlap. You can move it horizontal and/or vertical. Then stitch them together. The 7x works good too. I've heard that a 7x pano mode would have to shoot hundreds of photos-no practical. The attached photo was created with 7 shots on the 3x lens. Have fun.

Attachments

• Downtown Nite Skyline-pano.jpeg
    Downtown Nite Skyline-pano.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: PAW
I've taken a lot of great panos with the 3x. Just pivot and shoot with plenty of overlap. You can move it horizontal and/or vertical. Then stitch them together. The 7x works good too. I've heard that a 7x pano mode would have to shoot hundreds of photos-no practical. The attached photo was created with 7 shots on the 3x lens. Have fun.
Does it also take the automated panos with the different cameras as well?

This thread was started last April before the Mavic 3 Pro was really in anyone's hands yet. I got mine a week later and at this point have no idea how many hundreds of panoramas I have shot with both the 70mm and 166mm lenses using manual panning. The 70mm lens eliminated my own need for shooting large panoramas with the old 162mm lens. Most of the panoramas I was shooting with the 162mm lens on my older Mavic 3 were trying to set up framing for a scene that the 70mm lens on the 3 Pro handles with ease.

I haven't used the built in panorama feature even once out of well over 7000 images taken so far :)

I stitch by hand in post processing so my primary goal was to automate more of the task of getting the captures. Like others I am frequently taking arrays of images with the 7x camera to get the scene I want and some of this might be mitigated by simply having the 70mm camera (3x) as an option to begin with.

As an example when I am shooting waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge I often find I need something like a 3x5 grid of 7x frames to get the scene I want. The 24mm is simply too wide for the task. I usually use burst mode to get a 5 shot sample of the waterfall that can be blended to smooth out the water flow. That leaves me with 75 captures to process when I might have been able to do this with a 5 shot burst from the 3x camera.

If the 48MP output is workable you have a lot of room to crop and get the same scene we have been stitching from the 7x camera.
What is your process for blending 5 photos to create the motion blur?

What is your process for blending 5 photos to create the motion blur?
Method 1:

I use Adobe Lightroom to do all of the initial light/color adjustments and then Sync the shots from the burst.

1. Select all of the shots in the burst and then use Open in Photoshop as Layers to get the captures into Photoshop.

2. Select all of the layers in PS and then use Edit>Auto Align Layers.

3. With all of the layers still selected use Layer>Smart Object>Convert to Smart Object.

4. Use Layer>Smart Object>Stack Mode>Median to use median blending.

Method 2. (MacOS):

Download the application named Burst from the App store.

Drop all of the captures in the burst into the application. The application will align the layers and auto blend the layers with a .DNG output file. Import into either Lightroom or Photoshop (or other image editing application) to complete your edits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne