DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro Released with new FW Released as well

If the advertised data is correct, other than the 3rd camera, the only other improvement is frame rates, maybe due to the faster SSD drive? Or will that be FW dependent and the other models will get that as well with a future FW update? It's a sweet aircraft but I certainly have no buyers remorse for recently purchasing a Classic. I'm not a pro photographer so the Classic is more than adequate for my needs and far less expensive. And for all of you with the dual cam Mavic 3, I don’t forsee anyone rushing to upgrade. Seems an odd strategy here from DJI...
That would be me and you would be right. 😁 The classic gave me buyers remorse but wasn't available when I purchased my 3 (I was a few months too early), would've much rather had that option at the time.

It's due to replacing the Sony 272 sensor with the 472.

That's going to depend on the requirements of the individual user.
The 7x camera is fairly extreme and a big jump beyond the main camera.
For my kind of photography, I often want something different from the very wideangle of the main camera and a 70mm equivalent would be a big plus for me and more useful than the 7x..
Right, the 70mm does sound appealing, do we know if it'll will be available on the 4/3 sensor?

That would be me and you would be right. 😁 The classic gave me buyers remorse but wasn't available when I purchased my 3 (I was a few months too early), would've much rather had that option at the time.
Yes, I was eyeing the Air2S for a very long time as an upgrade from my Phantom but I just sat on the fence, then the Classic was released and that was what convinced me to make my move. I simply did not need the dual cam Mavic 3. If DJI had moved straight to the Mavic 3 Pro without releasing a Classic I likely would have the Air2S now. The Classic was a smart strategy IMO. The new Pro? Time will tell...

My guess is,
For Pilots who have never owned a Mavic 3 of any flavor, the Pro will be an attractive option over the regular Mavic 3 to upgrade to.
The Pro will likely see sales of the regular Mavic 3 and the Cine drop as it competes well with both.
Those who already own a Mavic 3 of any flavor likely won't be able to justify the expense of upgrading to an identical aircraft with slightly better photo abilities.
The Classic fits well with non pro photographers and is a great first Mavic 3 to upgrade to from previous models. It will do well in sales. But I would think that "most" of the Pro sales will be new Mavic 3 users and not current ones.

My guess is,
For Pilots who have never owned a Mavic 3 of any flavor, the Pro will be an attractive option over the regular Mavic 3 to upgrade to.
The Pro will likely see sales of the regular Mavic 3 and the Cine drop as it competes well with both.
Those who already own a Mavic 3 of any flavor likely won't be able to justify the expense of upgrading to an identical aircraft with slightly better photo abilities.
The Classic fits well with non pro photographers and is a great first Mavic 3 to upgrade to from previous models. It will do well in sales. But I would think that "most" of the Pro sales will be new Mavic 3 users and not current ones.
My guess is that the original Mavic 3 with the 7X tele lens will be dropped from the line-up once stock dries up and only the classic and pro will be the options going forward. If the rumours are correct it seems that there will be a Cine version of the Pro as well so there really will be no need to have the original in the line-up once the new one is available.

Chris

For me, I have mixed feelings about this new Mavic 3 Pro release. I love the 7X tele lens on my current Mavic 3 but like many others find it too much sometimes so having an in-between lens @70mm definitely appeals to me especially since it is rumoured to have an aperture of f2.8. The 4/3 sensor on the main camera on the Mavic 3 really spoiled me as to the amount of dynamic range it could capture, so I will be waiting to see users sample shots from the two new cameras to see how good they are in terms of dynamic range in a variety of lighting situations.

Chris

Reactions: PAW
Well it is heavier than the Classic at 895 grams. And I have yet to reach 36 minutes of flight time with my Classic. Regardless of DJI'S advertised battery rating so that may not be a typo.
There are multiple sites showing 43 mins and only one showing the 34 min typo.
A 7% weight increase is unlikely to cause a 25% reduction in flight time.

There are multiple sites showing 43 mins and only one showing the 34 min typo.
A 7% weight increase is unlikely to cause a 25% reduction in flight time.
Agreed, all I was implying was that maybe the 34 minute time in that description was more of a real world flight time rather than DJI's rating, which seems fairly accurate as I haven't got anywhere close to their number and that's starting at 100% and flying until it autolands on critical battery.

So that would be $4079 US for the flymore kit with the RC-Pro.
The same bundle with the Classic is $2867 US.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGroove
Camera specs, 48 MP is nice but not sure about it being fixed f/2.8. I don't think this will justify the price for me to make the jump from my Mavic 3.

FucwKVoXsAELnR5

First look at the all new DJI Mavic 3 Pro.

With DJI's announcement of the latest addition to their drone lineup, Here's a short peek at this new drone. Many thanks to DJI & their distributor in Singapore for letting me have the opportunity to try out this awesome drone!

Cheers from us all at Skyscapist!

Attachments

• IMG_9571.jpg
    IMG_9571.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9566 2.JPG
    IMG_9566 2.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9565 2.JPG
    IMG_9565 2.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9448.JPG
    IMG_9448.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9567.JPG
    IMG_9567.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: 3rdof5
Greetings Pilots,
Just an FYI,
Now that this bird has been released, there is FW update for any RC compatible with the Mavic 3 of any model, as well as an update (for my Classic anyway) that adds new capabilities.
Upgrade the RC first, with the aircraft powered off, then upgrade the aircraft once the RC is done. Much quicker as I'm finding out right now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman