DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

All settings the same. Shot with automatic exposure, 4K 30fps, H.264, normal color profile.

I used digital zoom on the original Mavic 3 to roughly match the length off the medium telephoto lens on the Mavic 3 Pro. Obviously, the dedicated camera and lens on the Mavic 3 Pro is way better than digital zoom on the original Mavic 3, but what I found interesting was how the super telephoto lens on the Mavic 3 Pro seems to deliver slightly higher quality footage than the original Mavic 3. With the wide angle camera I think image quality performance is practically identical.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Nice comparison video. +1

The reason the Pro's 7x optical looks better is because it is. I read somewhere the super telephoto lens was "reworked." Whatever that means...

All settings the same. Shot with automatic exposure, 4K 30fps, H.264, normal color profile.

I used digital zoom on the original Mavic 3 to roughly match the length off the medium telephoto lens on the Mavic 3 Pro. Obviously, the dedicated camera and lens on the Mavic 3 Pro is way better than digital zoom on the original Mavic 3, but what I found interesting was how the super telephoto lens on the Mavic 3 Pro seems to deliver slightly higher quality footage than the original Mavic 3. With the wide angle camera I think image quality performance is practically identical.
I carefully studied each series and do agree that the M3 medium and long tiles are softer than the new M3 pro.

Dale

Still no idea here. Can't find any unprocessed footage to review. I anticipate the MFT camera is identical to the M3 and M3 classic. The 3X camera has potential with a 1" sensor and D-log M. Could be very similar to the quality of the M2P. I don't expect much out of the 7X being 1/1.3, 4:2:0 8 bit baked in color profile. Nothing looks that great after being mangled by YouBoob processing but obviously that's to be expected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose