DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro, why pro?

Can someone please enlighten me, what is the difference in the 3 Pro versus the 3? I have the Mavic 3 and it already has an excellent optical 7x camera, as well as a pretty bad 3x "zoom" capability. Is the difference in the Pro just the addition of an optical 3x camera?
The difference is the new and excellent 3x 70mm camera and a much improved now 166mm 7x camera that has seen its maximum aperture increase to F3.4. The 1x 24mm 4/3rds camera is the same.

Reactions: ABM1008
Can someone please enlighten me, what is the difference in the 3 Pro versus the 3? I have the Mavic 3 and it already has an excellent optical 7x camera, as well as a pretty bad 3x "zoom" capability. Is the difference in the Pro just the addition of an optical 3x camera?
The difference is the 1/1.3 f2.8 70mm camera. Basically it’s the same sensor thats on the Mini 3 and 3 Pro except the Mini 3’s sensor is f1.7, not 2.8.

Maybe good news (at least hope so)... Been in contact with someone from DJI for a few weeks and asked if DLog and 10bit could please be added to the tele 166mm. Where she first declined a bit, I got a different kind of message today, namely that they are working on it! I hope with all my heart that they introduce 10bit and dlog for the 166mm camera. For me it would be super nice because color editing then becomes easy.

• Love
Reactions: SkywalkerFeng
Maybe good news (at least hope so)... Been in contact with someone from DJI for a few weeks and asked if DLog and 10bit could please be added to the tele 166mm. Where she first declined a bit, I got a different kind of message today, namely that they are working on it! I hope with all my heart that they introduce 10bit and dlog for the 166mm camera. For me it would be super nice because color editing then becomes easy.
I wouldn’t place any confidence in anything told to you by anyone at Customer Service. We all know more than they do! They have been known to make stuff up just to make you feel better. You found a more empathetic CSR today, who wanted to leave you with hope. They are always "working" on everything. Doesn't mean a thing.

That being said, if DJI deems it in their best interest, we may see it at some point, or not at all.