DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro???

• Thread starter Deleted member 114292
  • Start date
Lol hasselblad is pretty washed up.
Not at all impressed.
Phase one kicked their butt in medium format.

Among us Photographers that remain from the film days, Hasselblad is still well respected. The camera sensor and lens in the M2P is amazing for what it is. Artistic Aerial photography via UAV is still in it’s infancy and I personally cannot think of a better way for Hasselblad to establish itself as a leader in Digital Photography at least in this niche.

Would stream to Facebook. Used to enjoy that side of it when I had my MP

My Mavic 2 Zoom shows live stream capable to YouTube, Facebook, Weibo (WTH is that?) and a custom option that brings up a "enter HTTP address" which who knows how that works :rolleyes:

If someone would incorporate Zoom Chat streaming (wonder if that could "Zoom"?), they would probably make a million in sales in this day and age given..you know what :p

Back in days of yore' (P3P) there was a huge trend when we had that capability and people would get on RCG and such (No Mavic Pilots back then :p cause well there was no Mavic) and announce such time and date they were going live, and "we" all would flip over to watch...was actually pretty funny when I think of it now.

The only time I did a live stream was when I sent my wife a video live on facebook while she was at work to show her co-workers my new toy...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: John_Howard3105
Among us Photographers that remain from the film days, Hasselblad is still well respected. The camera sensor and lens in the M2P is amazing for what it is. Artistic Aerial photography via UAV is still in it’s infancy and I personally cannot think of a better way for Hasselblad to establish itself as a leader in Digital Photography at least in this niche.
Yes indeed they sure did make a good film camera. The company of those days is long gone.

It’s a Sony sensor and the lens Is really nothing special. Of course there’s not much room or budget weight wise for a good lens.
Great wide angle lenses need a lot of glass.

The real magic was supposed to be the JPEG engine but y’all want to use raw so that doesn’t even come into play.

DJi is unlikely to make drone cameras others can use so in this niche they won’t be going far.

My Mavic 2 Zoom shows live stream capable to YouTube, Facebook, Weibo (WTH is that?) and a custom option that brings up a "enter HTTP address" which who knows how that works :rolleyes:

If someone would incorporate Zoom Chat streaming (wonder if that could "Zoom"?), they would probably make a million in sales in this day and age given..you know what :p

Back in days of yore' (P3P) there was a huge trend when we had that capability and people would get on RCG and such (No Mavic Pilots back then :p cause well there was no Mavic) and announce such time and date they were going live, and "we" all would flip over to watch...was actually pretty funny when I think of it now.

The only time I did a live stream was when I sent my wife a video live on facebook while she was at work to show her co-workers my new toy...:)
I enjoyed streaming with my MP a couple years ago, my friends used to suggest areas that they’d want me to fly around so they could see it all aerially, was good fun ! It’s a shame the fly app doesn’t allow streaming

I enjoyed streaming with my MP a couple years ago, my friends used to suggest areas that they’d want me to fly around so they could see it all aerially, was good fun ! It’s a shame the fly app doesn’t allow streaming
I’m sure they will at some point.
Not some thing I care about at all I also will never understand why they put editing into the app what a waste of programming time.

I wish they would’ve spent that time on fixing bugs instead.

I’m sure they will at some point.
Not some thing I care about at all I also will never understand why they put editing into the app what a waste of programming time.

I wish they would’ve spent that time on fixing bugs instead.
What one doesn't use, another buys for...can't please everyone. I would never use in app editing, however the younger crew (Facebookers) can edit, add music and upload all with a push of a button, so it's something they would want. Same with the discussion of streaming. They also might not have a computer (Doubtful, I know :p) or access to one...multitude of reasons. But quite simply you don't have to use it, but if you need it and don't have it is another story. Some people don't want O/A and turn it off...others live by it. And Programming is often split into functions and sections of the group.

So one group section may be obstacle avoidance, the other one flight dynamics, and another Editing section...ect..ect. That way when there is a issue your more than likely to know the three or four engineers to go to to trouble shoot. That is how it worked in my Aerospace jobs, quite sure DJI has figured out their own approach too.

Figuring out what people call bugs is subjective. If one guy has a issue, and 5 others don't it isn't a bug (Programming error)unless it is across the board. More often than not these "Problems" occur with users of Android devices and take quite a while to find the parameter that is being rejected by one but not the others, more of a tolerance issue. This is due to the Hundreds of Android operating systems out there.

For one model of phone there can be 6 or 7 Android systems alone for any one version of Android, if that phone has had 3 upgrades in OS, then now DJI (And others) have to trouble shoot 21 Android systems for just one particular model of phone. Multiply that by number of phones out there and multiply that carriers that put different skins (Modify Android) and it isn't a easy task.

Last edited:
What one doesn't use, another buys for...can't please everyone. I would never use in app editing, however the younger crew (Facebookers) can edit, add music and upload all with a push of a button, so it's something they would want. Same with the discussion of streaming. They also might not have a computer (Doubtful, I know :p) or access to one...multitude of reasons. But quite simply you don't have to use it, but if you need it and don't have it is another story. Some people don't want O/A and turn it off...others live by it. And Programming is often split into functions and sections of the group.

So one group section may be obstacle avoidance, the other one flight dynamics, and another Editing section...ect..ect. That way when there is a issue your more than likely to know the three or four engineers to go to to trouble shoot. That is how it worked in my Aerospace jobs, quite sure DJI has figured out their own approach too.

Figuring out what people call bugs is subjective. If one guy has a issue, and 5 others don't it isn't a bug (Programming error)unless it is across the board. More often than not these "Problems" occur with users of Android devices and take quite a while to find the parameter that is being rejected by one but not the others, more of a tolerance issue. This is due to the Hundreds of Android operating systems out there.

For one model of phone there can be 6 or 7 Android systems alone for any one version of Android, if that phone has had 3 upgrades in OS, then now DJI (And others) have to trouble shoot 21 Android systems for just one particular model of phone. Multiply that by number of phones out there and multiply that carriers that put different skins (Modify Android) and it isn't a easy task.
You make a good argument for not putting editing software in there. Just more to maintain.

There’s a ton of android editing apps we don’t need them to be messing with it. if you buy a drone for its editing app then You’re not thinking straight.
I’d be very surprised if they made one sale because of their editing apps.

It’s true some bugs are subjective but when you turn on your drone and you get no video feed until your exit and restart it’s pretty hard not to call that a bug. Just one example of many that are non-subjective.

Apologies for the double post.

Could be fake..

f1d8e27dfd7b7216afc337624ef2d345.jpg

Last edited:
Says this summer but summer is basically over.

I think there's already a pretty good price separation between the Air 2 and the 2 Pro. So if they raise the Mavic 3 prices more they're leaving a big price band for competitors, unless they plan to fill that gap themselves.

I would want better camera performance but I would not want any heavier or bigger kit than the 2 Pro.

Bigger sensor would obviously improve camera performance but would increase weight and size.

Even with 1-inch sensors, there's room for improvement as people weren't completely satisfied with the 4K output of the M2P compared to the Phantom 4. So a more powerful processor, possibly more energy-efficient so that you don't have to increase battery mass.

So likely incremental improvements if they keep same size/weight but for bigger jumps in performance, it would require increases in size and weight.

The whole point of a foldable design is that it's easy to transport and travel with.
umm,summer is about to start in half the world ???????

That Chinese tempter is pointing to November. With no major trade shows anywhere in the world to launch new models at (Photokina was always the big one, in October) direct marketing is going to be the only way to get the news out there. Modern marketing revolves around 'bigger is better' - think of the pixel race, bigger number has got to be better! Then along came the low light race, where it was no longer the number of pixels but the quality of them and sense reigned, at least for a short while.

Instead of more 'fancy features' or gimmicks, which pretty much the drones of today have virtually every angle covered, the sales game will be driven by longer flight times, higher quality resolution, dynamic range and low light performance, add in a bit of extra 'accuracy' and less likely to fall over communication and Dronies will flock to it like bees to a hive. The fact that existing drones are already very capable, and will become no less capable, in the same way that a Nikon D3 is still able to produce an incredible image, regardless of what the D5, D6 or D850 can produce, it is only the one on the picture editor's desk that counts, he won't throw it out because of the camera it was taken on. Gear Acquisition Syndrome is what the marketing people play to, that and the oneupmanship game, the "I've got the very latest so I must be better than you" types.

I shall be interested to see what comes out, it might be spring before we see it unveiled though, with all this worldwide health upheaval.

Instead of more 'fancy features' or gimmicks, which pretty much the drones of today have virtually every angle covered, the sales game will be driven by longer flight times, higher quality resolution, dynamic range and low light performance, add in a bit of extra 'accuracy' and less likely to fall over communication and Dronies will flock to it like bees to a hive.

While it's what I want from a drone it's clearly not what drives sales and you don't need to look far to see that, there's been countless topics here on how the Mavic Air 2 is superior to the Mavic 2 Pro for photography because of the 48MP sensor even though it isn't really and how much better the Autel Evo series are for offering 6K and 8K video. A small portion of the enthusiast market understand dynamic range, actual resolution and high iso but much of the general consumer market the mavic is sold to do not.

Even that aside there's the practical difficulty of what you're suggesting as well. The Mavic 2 Pro uses a Sony 1in BSI sensor which is their second generation version and while they do have a third generation sensor (used in the RX100mk IV and RX10mk 2 onwards) I don't believe they offer this sensor to other manufacturers and even if they did its resolution, high iso and dynamic range are much the same as the BSI version. The new sensor's improvements are its extreme high speed offering up to 1000fps and 1/32000 shutter speeds but while that could offer more video framerate options it's not going to give much other advantage if DJI could even use the sensor.

They could move up a sensor size again but I'm very sceptical they could fit a 4/3 sensor (the next size up and would offer better dynamic range and high iso) without making the drone larger, heavier and more expensive. I'd certainly like to see them do it.

They could improve on the M2P processor so that even if the sensor is the same, it could process more of the sensor data without overheating.

They could improve on the M2P processor so that even if the sensor is the same, it could process more of the sensor data without overheating.
I think that is the point - only incremental improvements seem likely.
But if they are like 8K video (which I would not use) and 60 fps (don't care) and maybe electronic zoom it would boost sales.
ADS-B would be in the mix. I still think they might wait until remote-id firms up, as I will not purchase again until I see how that shakes out.
Good chance the M2Z is going away as why not just get an MA2. Or maybe zoom with the 48MP sensor, but again why spend that extra money.

I think that is the point - only incremental improvements seem likely.
But if they are like 8K video (which I would not use) and 60 fps (don't care) and maybe electronic zoom it would boost sales.
ADS-B would be in the mix. I still think they might wait until remote-id firms up, as I will not purchase again until I see how that shakes out.
Good chance the M2Z is going away as why not just get an MA2. Or maybe zoom with the 48MP sensor, but again why spend that extra money.

M2Z is optical zoom so not the same as MA2

What’s with all the chatter about MA2 having a 48mp sensor?
I’m under the understanding that the 48mp is in reference to a “super resolution” pano that consists of 3x3 (total of 9 photos) photos that are then compiled in the drone and stored as a jpg.
I suspect that the sensor of the MA2 is a 12mp sensor.
Same as the M2Z - only without the optical zoom feature.
My specs may be suspect - but I have a really hard time believing in a 48mp sensor in the MA2....

I’m under the understanding that the 48mp is in reference to a “super resolution” pano that consists of 3x3 (total of 9 photos) photos that are then compiled in the drone and stored as a jpg.
I suspect that the sensor of the MA2 is a 12mp sensor.
Same as the M2Z - only without the optical zoom feature.
My specs may be suspect - but I have a really hard time believing in a 48mp sensor in the MA2....
Not it is 48MP but really the 12MP pels are divided into 4. Needless to say ISO performance is not good.

The super resolution pano is something from the Mavic 2 Zoom, not the MA2

The MA2 is not making a stitched pano out of multiple images at all.
It does produce a single 48 MP image (but not in the old-fashioned way).
There are a number of phones now using this technology to offer high MP cameras and it's a dream for the marketing people.
Read this to learn what's going on with the sensor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun