DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 SDK

From the official DJI SDK page -

What is DJI Mobile SDK V5?​

DJI Mobile SDK V5 has a series of APIs to control the software and hardware interfaces of an aircraft. We provide an open source production sample and a tutorial for developers to develop a more competitive drone solution on mobile device. This improves the experience and efficiency of MSDK App development.

In this case, what does "open source" mean? Seems to me that a developer could take the code and add Mavic three to it. And maybe waypoints for it.

From the official DJI SDK page -

What is DJI Mobile SDK V5?​

DJI Mobile SDK V5 has a series of APIs to control the software and hardware interfaces of an aircraft. We provide an open source production sample and a tutorial for developers to develop a more competitive drone solution on mobile device. This improves the experience and efficiency of MSDK App development.

In this case, what does "open source" mean? Seems to me that a developer could take the code and add Mavic three to it. And maybe waypoints for it.

The full qualification: "We provide an open source production sample".

The "production sample" likely wouldn't be the entire SDK, probably just example code that utilizes the SDK.

Besides, even if the entire SDK was open source, it would not be a small thing to add an entirely new device to it (including peer review, testing, and after-release sustained support and development / bug-fixing). I wouldn't entrust my aircraft to such seat-of-the-pants SDK work.

I'm holding out for an official statement on whether the M3 will be eventually supported by this SDK. But for now, I'm glad I did not buy in on the promise; albeit, the promise only came from the community (which means you folk on these forums, who assured us all that the SDK would come just like before).

Chris

dji is too busy to release new drones to make more money from drone suckers, prial drones support like m3 went over their head, watch they release m3s charge everyone thousands dollar more and may be SDK leave m3 in the dust. dji thinks they are the king of the drone industry, they think they can do whatever hack they want to do.

As of 3 days ago, there is now no SDK planned for M3 now. 🤬
Updated last month (February 2023)
Still no change for the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine, and Mavic 3 Classic.

Only the Mavic 3 Enterprise.

"The MSDK is gradually prioritising to the enterprise level aircraft, the priority level of product from high to low is enterprise level aircraft > consumer level aircraft > handheld product."

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo