DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 twitchy?

Well, that is something I have not tried and I definitely will. Even though the logic tells me that this setting should have no effect on the drone when flying it manually. But with DJI one never knows...Which FW are you on?
I am on 0700 FW

Exactly what I also have, this is not very good as the drone makes this sudden moves there is a possibility after some time for the battery to become loose, for example in windy conditions . I haven't played with the exp as I am worrying I might make it worse
Play with your exp settings, mine is set to 10 but for each person it will be different to your liking.

I will try when the weather clears up here to move the sticks slowly to center position and see what the reaction of the drone is but i generally just let go of the sticks if i need the drone to stop and it comes to a gentle stop with no jerkiness.
Did you change any of the control /exp settings ? (In case you did can you share with us what values did you change so that we can try them too)

How is your M3 flying? Mine is twitchi in the air. No matter how smoothly and gradually I try to bring it to stop it always makes fast rocking motion backwards and forward just bedore stopping, sort of like a twitch. It simply won't come to the stop smoothly. It does this in all modes, N and S being the worst in this regard. FW .0800
How is your M3 flying? Mine is twitchi in the air. No matter how smoothly and gradually I try to bring it to stop it always makes fast rocking motion backwards and forward just bedore stopping, sort of like a twitch. It simply won't come to the stop smoothly. It does this in all modes, N and S being the worst in this regard. FW .0800
Hello Filmarik.!…About your observation and comment regarding the M3 and its abrupt way of stopping in any direction…it is worth mentioning according to other similar children on this same subject, that apparently the braking mode of the M3 would be programmed in the RC and not in the drone, proof of this, have been the responses of some users of the M3 using the RCPro, who have commented that the braking of the M3 is much smoother than using the RC N-1. You have not mentioned what RC you use for your M3, if it is an RC N-1 there is the answer, now if you have the possibility of being able to use an RC Pro with your M3, make the comparison and comment on your experience, it would be interesting for everyone . Luck.!

Did you change any of the control /exp settings ? (In case you did can you share with us what values did you change so that we can try them too)
My exp settings is on 10 as I found that this works for me.
Aaah, that might something to do with this. I am on .0800
I found 0800 was not working out for me. I had issues with disconnection at close distances

Hello Filmarik.!…About your observation and comment regarding the M3 and its abrupt way of stopping in any direction…it is worth mentioning according to other similar children on this same subject, that apparently the braking mode of the M3 would be programmed in the RC and not in the drone, proof of this, have been the responses of some users of the M3 using the RCPro, who have commented that the braking of the M3 is much smoother than using the RC N-1. You have not mentioned what RC you use for your M3, if it is an RC N-1 there is the answer, now if you have the possibility of being able to use an RC Pro with your M3, make the comparison and comment on your experience, it would be interesting for everyone . Luck.!
I fly with the RC Pro and don't seem to be having this issues. My FW for the RC Pro is on 0900 and drone is on 0700

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have RCPro
I fly with the RC Pro and don't seem to be having this issues. My FW for the RC Pro is on 0900 and drone is on 0700
Well, we seem to be getting somewhere here🙂. We are both on different aircraft FW!! Mine drone is on .0800 and my RcPro is the same as yours .0900. Maybe the aircraft's FW .0800 is the culprit?? Did your drone do this when you were .0800??
This is my new drone and I updated to .0800 before my very first flight, so in my case I have no experience with any other previous FW.

Last edited:
I have RCPro

Well, we seem to be getting somewhere here🙂. We are both on different aircraft FW!! Mine drone is on .0800 and my RcPro is the same as yours .0900. Maybe the aircraft's FW .0800 is the culprit?? Did your drone do this when you were .0800??
This is my new drone and I updated to .0800 before my very first flight, so in my case I have no experience with any other previous FW.
Honestly, I cannot recall if it did this on 0800

Is it possible to revert the drone to .0700 via Assistant 2?
Not sure what new features or improvements the .0800 actually brought. Anyone??
Not sure about Assistant 2 and cannot check now, at work but I know you can do it via DroneHacks app on a windows PC. There are honestly no upgrades or benefits for me to be on 0800.

Not sure about Assistant 2 and cannot check now, at work but I know you can do it via DroneHacks app on a windows PC. There are honestly no upgrades or benefits for me to be on 0800.
Thanks. I'll check it on my PC if it is possible with Assistant 2

Reactions: Suren
But did you have the OA turned off?
Yes ... I have had it turned off since I bought the Mavic 3.
I am sure you know that the Mavic 3 uses the bottom sensors for obstacle avoidance as well. People need to understand that the OA system is running all the time even if you turn it off in the settings, the bottom sensors can never be turned off.

Sensors that are facing straight down aren't going to be able to contribute to forward obstacle avoidance.
The issue being discussed has nothing to do with avoiding obstacles.
It's about how the drone comes to a stop by using full reverse thrust, even when flying at low speed.

Play with your exp settings, mine is set to 10 but for each person it will be different to your liking.
Exp settings vary the sensitivity of the joystick response.
That's great for giving you the ability to make gentle movements.
But it does nothing for the drone's braking, which is not adjustable.
The drone pitches back at 30° even with gentle release of the expo-ed joysticks.

Ok, back to .0700 and few more tests taking in all the advice and experience all of you shared in this thread.
My findings are as follows.
Downgrading to .0700 from .0800 did not make any difference to the twitchy stopping motion.
What however made difference was the Obstacle Avoidance Action setting under Flight Assistance Safety tab.
When set to Off and Brake the issue was present as discussed on this forum, sharp rocking back and forth upon coming to full stop, even at very low speed.
Set to Bypass and Normal made immediate impact and I was able to stop gently the drone with joysticks without the rocking motion. Overall flying and braking was a lot smoother.
Seting this to Nifty made the flying a bit more smoother yet, and the rocking motion at stopping was gone completely.
I am not sure if this Assistance is suppose to only work when the craft is in RTH and those intelligent flight modes or also when flying manually. I slowly approached a big tree testing how the OA would react but appart from heptic and sound feedback of RCPro, the drone continued very close to the tree for my liking, 1m or so, so I got nervous and stopped and reversed it myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ok, back to .0700 and few more tests taking in all the advice and experience all of you shared in this thread.
My findings are as follows.
Downgrading to .0700 from .0800 did not make any difference to the twitchy stopping motion.
What however made difference was the Obstacle Avoidance Action setting under Flight Assistance Safety tab.
When set to Off and Brake the issue was present as discussed on this forum, sharp rocking back and forth upon coming to full stop, even at very low speed.
Set to Bypass and Normal made immediate impact and I was able to stop gently the drone with joysticks without the rocking motion. Overall flying and braking was a lot smoother.
Seting this to Nifty made the flying a bit more smoother yet, and the rocking motion at stopping was gone completely.
I am not sure if these assistance is suppose to only work when the craft is in RTH or also when flying manually but I slowly approached a big tree and appart of heptic and sound feedback of RCPro the drone continued very close to the tree, like 1m or so, so I got nervous and stopped and reversed it myself.
Nifty works under a certain speed like any other OA system. I have done some flying around trees, a lot of trees with drone set to Nifty and flying manually and it works. Just be careful that the drone sensors cannot pick up small twigs and branches.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627