DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 woes

This lends support for the theory that the problems are less prevalent in the non-Cine versions.
I personally do not think that my experience provides sufficient evidence to draw that conclusion. The IQ issues and variabilities are likely occuring equally across both platforms, as the dual camera module is identical on both.

Last edited:
When the single lens “Classic” comes out, I bet they really tout how good that camera is having gone back to the smaller image circle requirement of 1” vs 4/3 sensor.
All indications are that the upcoming M3 classic will still have a 4/3 sensor.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Sort of, I got a good Cine on my third try.

I think the optical setup on this bird has probably been very problematic for DJI from a Q/C standpoint and that a lot of who bought it simply accept the flaws because they value other aspects of it too much to go through the hoop jumping of getting a good one, optically speaking. I also think the timing with COVID made Q/C tough for awhile.

When the single lens “Classic” comes out, I bet they really tout how good that camera is having gone back to the smaller image circle requirement of 1” vs 4/3 sensor.

All this said, I continue to be really happy with my well put together M3 Cine, so much so that I think it is time to sell my M2P.
The M3 Classic should still be the same 4/3 sensor.

I personally do not think that my experience provides sufficient evidence to draw that conclusion. The IQ issues and variabilities are likely occuring equally across both platforms, as the dual camera module is identical on both.
Combined with the anecdotal reports from others, it is at least consistent. That's why I said lends support, as it is one more data point. It appears more complaints are heard about the Cine versions. However, it could just be that Cine purchasers are more discriminating! HAH!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98