DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 twitchy?

Already tried it, just a little better but still for my liking it stops very sudden, it's no where smooth as it was my Mavic 2
In my case it has made a BIG difference. Before, when flying even really really slowly, like 1m/s or so, and wanted to bring the drone to a stop and hover by gently moving the sticks to centre, the drone rocked sharply back and forth or side to side about 30°. Now, with these setting it does not do that. It gradually comes to a stop and hovers. I was not able to achieve this before, no matter how gentle I was with the sticks. I mean do not get me wrong the M3 is till way too twitchy for my liking but these settings make it at least a bit more palatable.

Last edited:
Well, I do not know. In my case the setting of OA to Bypass (instead of Brake or Off) and then Normal or Nifty made markable difference in how aggressively the drone breaks. This also depends on how gentle you are with the sticks. I would suggest to change the Expo values down 15 and try to bring the forward ( backward) stick to centre position really slowly when bringing the drone to full stop.
Testing today and can't find any difference with any OA settings with OA on or off.
Flying at a slow and steady 4mph and the drone kicks back 30° when I stop.

Reactions: Eagle430
Testing today and can't find any difference with any OA settings with OA on or off.
Interesting. You did have set Flight Assistance on yours to Bypass and Normal or Nifty, right? I habe also EXP set to 20 or 25 to lower the sticks sensitivity when bringing the drone to a stop.

Last edited:
Try OA set to bypass and setting to Normal it will make a little.difference , but still no where near normal stopping behaviour, I get this issue when moving sideways and try to stop

Interesting. You did have set Flight Assistance on yours to Bypass and Normal or Nifty, right?
I tried every combination and checked the recorded data afterwards to see what difference is made.
I have also EXP set to 20 or 25 to lower the sticks sensitivity when bringing the drone to a stop.
That's the default Exp setting

I tried every combination and checked the recorded data afterwards to see what difference is made.

Mine are set to .25, .20, .25 , I will try today setting them to 0.15 to see
Also managed to do a small video with the behaviour of the drone, I can email it to you to see it , for some reason I can not upload it here

In that case the only thing remaining to try is to lower the EXP values down to 15 and try to bring the sticks to neutral position as gently as possible. When I do that my M3 does not make that 30° back and forth twitch. But with DJI drones it would not surprise me if your flies differently. Even the same DJI makes and models sometimes have different personality and temper😂😂

Last edited:
I managed to solve this issue
I did two things
1.changed /lowered exp values , I set them to .22. .18 and .18

2. Set the obstacle avoidance to Bypass

Now the drone stops very smoothly , the big difference was with setting the obstacle avoidance to bypass

I managed to solve this issue
I did two things
1.changed /lowered exp values , I set them to .22. .18 and .18

2. Set the obstacle avoidance to Bypass

Now the drone stops very smoothly , the big difference was with setting the obstacle avoidance to bypass
Glad to hear👍.
This goes to show why forums like these are so good to have. Solving problems through sharing knowledge and experience 🍾

Last edited:
Glad to hear👍.
This goes to show why forums like these are so good to have. Solving problems through sharing knowledge and experience 🍾.
Thank you , with out your help I was going to struggle for a very long time, even DJI didn't had any answer :)

Thank you , with out your help I was going to struggle for a very long time, even DJI didn't had any answer :)
Out of curiosity, what made the biggest difference for you, since you previously wrote this
Quote:
"Tried setting the OA to bypass and normal , but it made marginal to no difference for the sudden stop".

Was it lowering the EXP values??

Out of curiosity, what made the biggest difference for you, since you previously wrote this
Quote:
"Tried setting the OA to bypass and normal , but it made marginal to no difference for the sudden stop".

Was it lowering the EXP values??
You are right that's a bit or weird, the first time:
I was flying in a field with the ground plain soil, just a few very small hills no more than about 1meter height . OA set to by pass--normal was a little better but still the problem was there , no change in exp values

Yesterday I went to a different location change OA to bypass and lowered all exp values. Drone was behaving normal as I wanted. I landed and did a test, changed again the OA to stop and again. the problem came back.
I landed again changed OA back to bypass and with the lowered exp values now the drone is ok, smooth no sudden stops. I don't know if my first location had something to do with it? If the OA system of the Mavic 3 is very sensitive and can consider the small hills as an obstacle ? On the other hand I didn't get any warning for any obstacles, But since the problem was solved am very happy .

You are right that's a bit or weird, the first time:
I was flying in a field with the ground plain soil, just a few very small hills no more than about 1meter height . OA set to by pass--normal was a little better but still the problem was there , no change in exp values

Yesterday I went to a different location change OA to bypass and lowered all exp values. Drone was behaving normal as I wanted. I landed and did a test, changed again the OA to stop and again. the problem came back.
I landed again changed OA back to bypass and with the lowered exp values now the drone is ok, smooth no sudden stops. I don't know if my first location had something to do with it? If the OA system of the Mavic 3 is very sensitive and can consider the small hills as an obstacle ? On the other hand I didn't get any warning for any obstacles, But since the problem was solved am very happy .
The only reason I asked was to avoid other readers to get confused by yours a bit contradicting posts. Thanks for the clarification. The most important is that you are now happy with how your M3 flies, and that we all learned a bit from problem solving of this issue 🙂🙂

The only reason I asked was to avoid other readers to get confused by yours a bit contradicting posts. Thanks for the clarification. The most important is that you are now happy with how your M3 flies, and that we all learned a bit from problem solving of this issue 🙂🙂
Exactly we are a nice supporting community

The OA of the Mavic 3 is very sensitive, but won't respond to things on the ground unless you are going to fly into them.
Has anyone experienced M3 refusing to land on a sloping ground? I was flying the other day and wanted to land on a road which was not level. The M3 came down to about 2 feet above ground and would not go any further. I had to find another spot which was level to land her. I am not comfortable or confident enough to hand catch yet.

The OA of the Mavic 3 is very sensitive, but won't respond to things on the ground unless you are going to fly into them.
If the mavic 3 is flying close to the ground with the OA set to bypass or Nifty, it will rise on its own as it goes forward to avoid the ground. The OA does detect the ground surface and sees it has an obstacle. I have tested this flying over a road surface and 2 meters off the ground, as I pushed forward the drone kept rising in height.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78