DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 updates imminent?

All great news on this front, you guys who know the Mavic in much better detail than I are all positive about the firmware update and thats great to read. One question comes to mind for me on the back of this. If they have now "finished" the basic software for the device to include all expected, plus a few unexpected additions. Does this then leave the way clear for them to subsequently release the SDK ? Thoughts anyone ?
I would not get my hopes up to see an SDK anytime soon. The Air2S was delivered as a pretty complete package in April 2021 and we did not see an SDK until this Spring (and even then it was buggy). My experience with DJI is that things don't move quickly on existing products, but eventually they deliver.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I would not get my hopes up to see an SDK anytime soon. The Air2S was delivered as a pretty complete package in April 2021 and we did not see an SDK until this Spring (and even then it was buggy). My experience with DJI is that things don't move quickly on existing products, but eventually they deliver.
I suppose it would make sense at least to make sure all your new updates were stable before releasing an SDK to third parties perhaps. Thank you for your views on this anyway. As been said before, just got to sit this out and wait for it.

took her up this morning, from cold start, and she grabbed home point in no time whatsoever!
marvelous improvement! gotta wonder what was the fix??

I suppose it would make sense at least to make sure all your new updates were stable before releasing an SDK to third parties perhaps. Thank you for your views on this anyway. As been said before, just got to sit this out and wait for it.
Yep, SDK will probably be a bit longer... not due to needing all variables & procedures out the gate... that may contine for months. I'd estimate Early Fall time frame, then 3 months minimum for 3rd Party to include in their products. They have easily met their minimum requirements libraries, now just the timing & marketing strategies to manage.

The SDK is a growing library for DJI, all common tasks & procedures are shared & used accross their platforms. They don't create a seperate procedure for each Craft, a lot of reused coding within Library procedures and scripts. Example: Gimbal "Down", "Up", RTH, Shutter, etc are commands common to all DJI crafts.

Anything Unique to the Craft, requires a seperate section within SDK... essentially a small sub-library. This optimizes the updates to FW, and if it's a common procedure it goes in common section for all crafts, if unique to platform goes in sub-section. This allows DJI Development to easily update a single Craft or multiple crafts receiving same feature update.

The 3rd Party Developers often receive updated SDK kits containing updates & new features throughout the lifespan of platform.

Last edited:
All great news on this front, you guys who know the Mavic in much better detail than I are all positive about the firmware update and thats great to read. One question comes to mind for me on the back of this. If they have now "finished" the basic software for the device to include all expected, plus a few unexpected additions. Does this then leave the way clear for them to subsequently release the SDK ? Thoughts anyone ?
bit of an exagerration so say "all" and many of us are yet to comment until we try a few things.

Yep, aware of cold vs warm.
Had dead batteries, and charge took over an hour.... by the time I tested it was 3+ hrs after M3 being on.
Good. Many are not, and falsely concluded success after the last update, only to discover that they were only testing a warm boot immediately after the FW update. 3+ hours may not be enough for a true cold boot, but I am sure it is truly fixed this time for all!

Mine bird is great now. One day cold boot under 1.minte lock.
On some spots i have fly with old firmware i get only 5-7 satelites..now i get there 15+.

Don’t recalibrate your IMU after you updated. Your IMU will stuck at error and you can’t fly your drone
As in after a restart... normal operations or prior to restart after FW Update?

You're suggesting a recalibrate IMU procedure will hang drone anytime after FW update? That would present a problem, sounds a little off.
I'm more suspicious of your only 2 posts are these 2.

Good. Many are not, and falsely concluded success after the last update, only to discover that they were only testing a warm boot immediately after the FW update. 3+ hours may not be enough for a true cold boot, but I am sure it is truly fixed this time for all!
Ya, but you know me... I was indicating poor GPS consistently since M3 was new (both units: Standard & Cine) not just after .300 version. So I'd be one of the non-believers until verified... it's better for sure, but I'm not done being leery... I'll need to see multiple days & locations to be convinced. 😉

They had to bury the bodies of the executed engineers first!
Took an additional two months for the "lye" to complete the job!
Problem all gone! 🤣
Ha! They were acting fast... tracking down & pulling the Engineer Team off the Inspire 3 Project and correcting the I3's GPS engineering before it got any closer to production to avoid a repeat with an even HIGHER Priced Drone!

Damage done on M3... that can be corrected anytime, already had their money!

Kidding aside, glad it was addressed and hope to see them to continue to provide new features, and possibly even more for the Cine version.

Now if they could just move it to Go4App app and activate on-board mission processing it'd be closer to the Pro Craft intended.

Ha! They were acting fast... tracking down & pulling the Engineer Team off the Inspire 3 Project and correcting the I3's GPS engineering before it got any closer to production to avoid a repeat with an even HIGHER Priced Drone!

Damage done on M3... that can be corrected anytime, already had their money!
Reputation damage will take much longer to fix however. Once bitten, twice shy.

Reputation damage will take much longer to fix however. Once bitten, twice shy.
True… I moved from Canon to Sony for similar reasons. Although in this case, my intent was indicating where their priorities are focused, which I’m confident is on new Pro level Inspire 3… vs post launch M3 corrections.

Reputation & Company change also mainly applies when competitive options are available… that hasn’t been presented in any market impacting degree. Circling back to manufacture being aware of this too, provides them the confidence to market & release non-100% product timely to discourage competitive purchases or align with events (Holidays, etc). This has been applied by Apple, Samsung, DJI, and several major brands in initial firmware shortcoming.

Sales of M3 and M3 Cine were within DJI’s expectations for initial launch, and as Reviewers & Owners gleam over new firmware & added features, those holding off a purchase will eventually jump onboard… total sales aren’t overly impacted if any.

The desire to obtain new technology tends to be a component within the majority of drone enthusiast. When one company provides those desired products, moving to alternate Brand dispite venting will be minimal, and majority of those will return with new product releases.

Digital firmware / software incompletion of product on release is becoming a norm… kinda the old 80/20 rule being applied. Within a short period of time, the short comings of M3 / M3 Cine will fade with the superior technology available within the platform.

The Mini 3 Pro will have problems, sell thousands of units. Will draw recent Autel Buyers dissatisfied with Autel, many proclaimed ex-DJI quietly returning. When the Inspire 3 is released will easily meet it’s market projections… few will adopt competition from the Sony Airpeak S1 or the XDynamics Evolve 2.

Reputation retained overall with product dominance and multiple platforms consistently stronger than competition.

V01.00.0700

• Added switch to the tele camera in photo mode, includes single shot, AEB, burst and timed shot, supports JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW photo format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
• Added switch to the tele camera in video mode, supports 4K@25/30/50fps, 1080p@25/30/50fps format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
• Added HLG for the Hasselblad camera.
• Added 1080p/200fps to Slow Motion when using the Hasselblad camera.
• Added HLG and D-Log to shoot MasterShots and QuickShots (not including Asteroid).
• Digital zoom reaches up to 3x in normal video mode when using the Hasselblad camera.
• Added support to FocusTrack, QuickShots (not including Asteroid), MasterShots, and Hyperlapse for the aircraft when the Wide-Angle Lens is mounted.
• Added ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 LT format to the Hasselblad camera of Mavic 3 Cine.
• Added one-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse on Mavic 3 Cine.
• Added DJI Mavic 3 D-Log to Rec.709 vivid LUT, providing a more vivid color effect. Download the LUT via Mavic 3 - Downloads - DJI.
• Added Nifty option for Bypassing when using APAS 5.0. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
• Added Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
• Added support for Japanese RID requirements.
• Increased Home Point refresh rate.
• Optimized the focus performance when recording with the tele camera.
• Optimized the stability of the aircraft when shooting a Hyperlapse.
• Fixed issue: unable to use Hyperlapse when flying near a Flight Altitude Limit Zone.
just did the update and nothing changed on the zoom feature. Still jpeg, still ******.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev