DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 video flicker

Dr_Zoidberg

Reactions
Greetings everyone,

Today I noticed some heavy flickering in my Mavic 3 footage. The videos below are shot at 4k/60 fps, auto camera settings, normal formatting, anti-flicker set to auto. I did some search and appears that this is more or less known issue, but can't find much info how to resolve it.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That is not flicker. It is result of Auto settings when the auto exposure adjustments are done in steps during recording, consequence of changing light in the scenery. Unfortunatelly when you shoot video in "Auto everything" that is what you get. The best way of shooting video is all in Manual and use ND filters to keep the shutter speed at twice the frame rate. If you do not want ND filters adjust the shutter speed to get the desired exposure and only change settings between clips not during recording.

Last edited:
That is not flicker. It is result of Auto settings when the auto exposure adjustments are done in steps during recording, consequence of changing light in the scenery. Unfortunatelly when you shoot video in "Auto everything" that is what you get. The best way of shooting video is all in Manual and use ND filters to keep the shutter speed at twice the frame rate. If you do not want ND filters adjust the shutter speed to get the desired exposure and only change settings between clips not during recording.

Is there a way to correct the auto exposure flicker in After Effects of Premier Pro?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne