DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 video question

370Z2017

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was searching through all my videos recently and have a question. Some of my videos are 3840 X 2168 MP4. Others are 960 X 540 MP4. What is the difference? How did it go from 3840 X 2168 to 960 X 540? I don't recall making any changes. Appreciate any help you can give. Thanks

I was searching through all my videos recently and have a question. Some of my videos are 3840 X 2168 MP4. Others are 960 X 540 MP4. What is the difference? How did it go from 3840 X 2168 to 960 X 540? I don't recall making any changes. Appreciate any help you can give. Thanks
are you looking at the low res versions of the same footage? Their should always be a full res version saved on the micro sd card.

are you looking at the low res versions of the same footage? Their should always be a full res version saved on the micro sd card.
Good Morning. Well I checked to see if I was viewing full res on the sd card and I was. I noticed that the 3840X2168 videos were taken with my Air 2S. So I guess I have more exploring to find out why there is such a difference. I'm wondering if the size of my SD cards are are difference? Thanks again!

Good Morning. Well I checked to see if I was viewing full res on the sd card and I was. I noticed that the 3840X2168 videos were taken with my Air 2S. So I guess I have more exploring to find out why there is such a difference. I'm wondering if the size of my SD cards are are difference? Thanks again!
There are also very useable proxy versions recorded as LRF files on the Mavic 3 in the root folder on the microSD card. Rename the file extension to .mp4 on each, to use them in Premiere Pro.

The SD card capacity will not affect the size of the files written to it. The size of a tomato isn't affected by the size of the bag you put it in at the grocery store.

Reactions: akdrone
There are also very useable proxy versions recorded as LRF files on the Mavic 3 in the root folder on the microSD card. Rename the file extension to .mp4 on each, to use them in Premiere Pro.
Thank you but I'm not having any issues with the video quality. I'm just trying to figure out why these videos are 960 X 540. I'm shooting in 4K 30. I do appreciate all of the responses!

Are you in fact seeing some low resolution files with NO high res available? All the files on your card should include one full res and one LRF that is a low res. Your micro sd card should have a series of .mp4 (or mov) files as well as LRF. My LRF are 1280 x 680 or 720 depending on which drone you use. Describe where you find your 960 X 540 images. They are on the micro sd card in a list right along with the others? Numbered sequentially just like the others? And you're sure you shot them when setting the camera to 4K?? That would be very odd indeed and I'd consult DJI if that's the case because clearly anything shot with a 4K setting should be....4K. I have to believe you changed a setting but the world is a strange place.

Thank you but I'm not having any issues with the video quality. I'm just trying to figure out why these videos are 960 X 540. I'm shooting in 4K 30. I do appreciate all of the responses!
The proxies are likely 960x540, to be used for editing and social media.

Are you in fact seeing some low resolution files with NO high res available? All the files on your card should include one full res and one LRF that is a low res. Your micro sd card should have a series of .mp4 (or mov) files as well as LRF. My LRF are 1280 x 680 or 720 depending on which drone you use. Describe where you find your 960 X 540 images. They are on the micro sd card in a list right along with the others? Numbered sequentially just like the others? And you're sure you shot them when setting the camera to 4K?? That would be very odd indeed and I'd consult DJI if that's the case because clearly anything shot with a 4K setting should be....4K. I have to believe you changed a setting but the world is a strange place.
I am not seeing any LRF files. After I am finished recording I take out the SD card and place it in my laptop. I then see DCIM and 100 Media. I click on 100 Media pick a recording and the video plays. I do remember seeing those files at one time however not recently.

The proxies are likely 960x540, to be used for editing and social media.
960x540 sounds like the resolution of a tablet. My Tripltek for instance is 944x608. Any chance this is coming from a phone or tablet? I assume not if it is on the micro sd card that was inserted in your drone but that resolution is really quite odd.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
While I still have not understood why my video is labeled with 960 X 540, I clicked on its file properties to notice Frame Width is 3840 and Frame Height is 2160.2022-07-15.png

I don't understand the discrepancy. If you put the file into a video editing program does it show up as 4K or the smaller size?

I don't understand the discrepancy. If you put the file into a video editing program does it show up as 4K or the smaller size?
I don't have a video editing program unless its part of my laptop somewhere. Honestly I don't believe its a problem with the Mavic 3 or my laptop. It has to be something I'm doing wrong.

I see that some still images can be shot at that resolution...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts