DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 vs. Autel Alternatives

moldorf

Reactions
just kind of wondering if Autel offers any reasonable alternatives to the Mavic 3 if the USA bans DJI

I know next to nothing about Autel drones. I have read a lot of posts criticizing their support as nearly non-existent. That's not comforting

it looks like the Evo II, V3 is the latest "flagship" drone Autel has. It's considerably heavier than the Mavic 3. The Evo Lite plus is about the same size as the Mavic 3, at least by weight

* how big a performance gap is there between the Mavic 3 and those two Autel drones?

* for that matter, how big a gap between the Evo II and the Evo Lite Plus?

* do the Autel drones have precision landing and full obstacle avoidance?

* I see that Autel doesn't shoot in D-Log; rather it shoots in A-Log. Is that the same as DLog M? Does A-Log accept LUTS as well as D-Log?

* And of course, what are the chances that Autel will be the next drone in the firing line of the anti-China congress?

I had two Autel Evo Lite+, one came with the gimbal dead, and the second one had motor problems at just 60h of flight time and other problems, like the gimbal half dyeing mid-flight and resurrecting on the next flight or the gimbal having a sway that would render any video or long exposure useless.

I'm not a super fan of DJI and I'd prefer that a Japanese camera company made some drones, like Canon or Nikon, but at this moment there's nothing better and more reliable than the DJI drones even if they are released with the firmware half-cooked (it took the M3 more than a year to be "final").

Appart from DJI there's not much to choose on consumer drones but more chinese drones (Atuel is chinese) that are far worse.

No china drones means no drones at all, even for DIY drones, parts are made in china, like everything these days.

Reactions: maggior
I know next to nothing about Autel drones
FWIW, Autel Robotics is a subsidiary of Autel Intelligent Technology, based in Shenzen China.

I had two Autel Evo Lite+, one came with the gimbal dead, and the second one had motor problems at just 60h of flight time and other problems, like the gimbal half dyeing mid-flight and resurrecting on the next flight or the gimbal having a sway that would render any video or long exposure useless.

I'm not a super fan of DJI and I'd prefer that a Japanese camera company made some drones, like Canon or Nikon, but at this moment there's nothing better and more reliable than the DJI drones even if they are released with the firmware half-cooked (it took the M3 more than a year to be "final").

Appart from DJI there's not much to choose on consumer drones but more chinese drones (Atuel is chinese) that are far worse.

No china drones means no drones at all, even for DIY drones, parts are made in china, like everything these days.
I also ended up taking delivery of two Autels that turned out to have motor failures within weeks of arrival... Different serial number on the replacement sent, but not different enough to be from another production batch. Shame really, apart from the unreliable airframe components, I was pretty impressed with the camera.

I have an EVO 2 Pro v2 and Lite+ in addition to a Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. The few times I have needed service from Autel, it has been reasonably fast and competent. My only complaints are that the software has some annoying occasional bugs. Autel like DJI seems to release their software before it has been fully tested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe