DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Waypoints to Litchi Converter

DJ Wes

Reactions
Site
www.litchiutilities.com
I have created a web application that will convert a Mavic 3 waypoint kmz file into a Litchi csv waypoint file. This application was written based on examining only a single Mavic 3 waypoint file. As a result, it is almost a certainty that there are Mavic 3 waypoint parameters that I have not yet encountered. If you try this conversion and receive an error, please let me know. I am looking for more sample kmz data for testing purposes.

I have created a web application that will convert a Mavic 3 waypoint kmz file into a Litchi csv waypoint file. This application was written based on examining only a single Mavic 3 waypoint file. As a result, it is almost a certainty that there are Mavic 3 waypoint parameters that I have not yet encountered. If you try this conversion and receive an error, please let me know. I am looking for more sample kmz data for testing purposes.

Where are the mavic 3 kmz files located. DJI told me waypoint missions cannot be transferred from one device to another.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Where are the mavic 3 kmz files located. DJI told me waypoint missions cannot be transferred from one device to another.
This information is written in the instructions on the converter page linked in the OP. Here are a portion of those instructions:

Accessing a Mavic 3 waypoint kmz file
  1. DJI waypoint files are stored in a folder adjacent to DJI flight logs using the following structure:
    • waypoint
      • XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
        • XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX.kmz
    • Note: The long XXXX number is a GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier).
  2. Use these instructions to access a DJI waypoint mission kmz file.

This information is written in the instructions on the converter page linked in the OP. Here are a portion of those instructions:

Accessing a Mavic 3 waypoint kmz file
  1. DJI waypoint files are stored in a folder adjacent to DJI flight logs using the following structure:
    • waypoint
      • XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
        • XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX.kmz
    • Note: The long XXXX number is a GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier).
  2. Use these instructions to access a DJI waypoint mission kmz file.
I don't have the RC controller. I have the cheap one. They should be on my tablet. Right? That's where I make them.

I found them. They're in djigov5/files/waypoint

** Thread is Admin Approved **

I have just completed a preliminary version of a "Litchi To Mavic 3 Waypoint" converter. This will allow one to design a mission using Litchi's Mission Hub, then convert the resulting CSV file into a KMZ file for the Mavic 3.

Before I release it, I need a couple things. I don't have a Mavic 3, so I cannot test these things myself.

First, I need to know if a waypoint kmz file can be uploaded to the "waypoint" folder on the device used to fly the Mavic 3. Here is a test you could do:

1. Download a waypoint kmz file from your flying device.
  2. Unzip the kmz file (which will yield two files (wpmz/template.kml and wpmz/waylines.wpml)
  3. Edit the waylines.wpml file (it is plain text in kml/xml format) and change a waypoint height to something different and obvious. The line you change would look something like this:
    • <wpml:executeHeight>50</wpml:executeHeight>
  4. Zip the wpmz/template.kml and wpmz/waylines.wpml files into a new kmz file overwriting the one you downloaded in step 1.
  5. Upload this newly created file to your flying device.
  6. Open that same waypoint mission in DJI Fly and check to see if the height of the waypoint you changed is shown correctly with its new value.

Second, I need to examine more Mavic 3 waypoint kmz files. I've only seen one. I need to examine more to fully understand all of their options. If you would like to provide one, you can send it directly to me. A mission does not have to be flown. You can simply create one without flying it, then download it from your device.

I have just completed a preliminary version of a "Litchi To Mavic 3 Waypoint" converter. This will allow one to design a mission using Litchi's Mission Hub, then convert the resulting CSV file into a KMZ file for the Mavic 3.

Before I release it, I need a couple things. I don't have a Mavic 3, so I cannot test these things myself.

First, I need to know if a waypoint kmz file can be uploaded to the "waypoint" folder on the device used to fly the Mavic 3. Here is a test you could do:

1. Download a waypoint kmz file from your flying device.
  2. Unzip the kmz file (which will yield two files (wpmz/template.kml and wpmz/waylines.wpml)
  3. Edit the waylines.wpml file (it is plain text in kml/xml format) and change a waypoint height to something different and obvious. The line you change would look something like this:
    • <wpml:executeHeight>50</wpml:executeHeight>
  4. Zip the wpmz/template.kml and wpmz/waylines.wpml files into a new kmz file overwriting the one you downloaded in step 1.
  5. Upload this newly created file to your flying device.
  6. Open that same waypoint mission in DJI Fly and check to see if the height of the waypoint you changed is shown correctly with its new value.

Second, I need to examine more Mavic 3 waypoint kmz files. I've only seen one. I need to examine more to fully understand all of their options. If you would like to provide one, you can send it directly to me. A mission does not have to be flown. You can simply create one without flying it, then download it from your device.
Iv Seen Your Work -
Iv Been working with LITCHI for Ages ... Altering files and creating my own Converters - to track my Path from Log files etc on a Mission ...

I tried your Converter - from one of My AutoGen Litchi files with over 90 Waypoints -

I was super nervous to see the result.
But it worked fine.

In one it travelled over 11 KM... SO if it helps you may have a Look at it.

The Only thing is that the Gimbal Tilt and Direction seemed hard Coded - so I could not look around.

Here is the KMZ of that.

Attachments

• Rename the .ZIP to .KMZ.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: RodPad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member