DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 3S ??

How much time elapsed between the release of the Air 2 and the Air 2S?

How willing are DJI to alienate the people who bought the M3?
"Alienate", would indicate moving to another Brand & Platform. That requires similar competition & price point... which currently doesn't exist. DJI like other Companies may slip or agitate at times, but they're not concerned. They've watched many try and fade to even offer 1 platform close to providing similar performance and quality.

Many that grumped and tried other Brands quietly returned.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Sony has a drone designed for their FF mirrorless cameras and that starts around $8-9k.

I don't know what the load capacity is but if you put a FF mirrorless with a lens that isn't too big or heavy, that's got to be better imaging that the camera options on the Inspire?
Many were waiting for the Sony Airpeak, and were disappointed. Both the Airpeak & XDynamics Evolve 2 were hopeful competition.. that doesn't look promising for either. I personally liked both platforms too!

My biggest disappointment with the M3 is the lack of on-board processing for waypoint missions. Even when available, like the A3S will be subpar to even M2P waypoint capabilities.

The 2nd is associated, the use of the Fly App vs the more professional Go4App.

Other issues can be addressed & enhanced in time.

"Alienate", would indicate moving to another Brand & Platform. That requires similar competition & price point... which currently doesn't exist. DJI like other Companies may slip or agitate at times, but they're not concerned. They've watched many try and fade to even offer 1 platform close to providing similar performance and quality.

Many that grumped and tried other Brands quietly returned.
i hear you. I have been using the air2s and mini3s but was firm i wouldnt be getting the mav 3.
i was wrong :p Looks like the Evo2 will be sitting on the shelf.

i hear you. I have been using the air2s and mini3s but was firm i wouldnt be getting the mav 3.
i was wrong :p Looks like the Evo2 will be sitting on the shelf.
I was so excited for the EVO2 Enterprise... purchasd & returned 3 weeks later. Sadly Autel is having multiple issues from Management, Production & Development and Service. They were on a roll for a bit... hope they get things going... they have some great ideas!

My biggest disappointment with the M3 is the lack of on-board processing for waypoint missions. Even when available, like the A3S will be subpar to even M2P waypoint capabilities.

The 2nd is associated, the use of the Fly App vs the more professional Go4App.

Other issues can be addressed & enhanced in time.
Couldn't a FW update allow onboard processing of waypoint missions on the M3? It would also require a change to the Fly app, which currently only sends waypoints serially, instead of uploading them all at the beginning, allowing LSMC. Could this be enabled through a future SDK that would allow this capability, so Litchi and others could support it?

How much time elapsed between the release of the Air 2 and the Air 2S?

How willing are DJI to alienate the people who bought the M3?
The Air 2 and the Air 2S were released a year apart which is fairly normal for technology products with many now released on a yearly cadence.

If anyone is going to be 'alienated' by newer versions of technology being released they're probably better not buying any technology because there are always newer and better versions round the corner.

The Air 2 and the Air 2S were released a year apart which is fairly normal for technology products with many now released on a yearly cadence.

If anyone is going to be 'alienated' by newer versions of technology being released they're probably better not buying any technology because there are always newer and better versions round the corner.
Exactly! Be happy your backup bird comes with improvements!

Couldn't a FW update allow onboard processing of waypoint missions on the M3? It would also require a change to the Fly app, which currently only sends waypoints serially, instead of uploading them all at the beginning, allowing LSMC. Could this be enabled through a future SDK that would allow this capability, so Litchi and others could support it?
That was my position back when M3 was initially released, I assumed FW could eventually provide. Although from other's more aware of the circuitry & chips on the mainboard, it's been indicated the M3 lacks the ability to store & process on-board. Like the A2S, it's waypoint is via virtual stick transmission (serially); Litchi indicates that for the Air & Mini series.

Going to Go4App or a new feature in Fly App would be welcome, although I think unlikely. Although, I still ponder the abilities of the on-board processing, because if they release an enterprise version of the M3, I'm sure it'd have capabilities on-board.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad