DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3S or SE?

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
There are rumors of a possible Mavic 3S or SE release. What improvements do you think it would bring? Sicne I am holding off getting a Mavic 3, possibly when dji could release it?

Rumors of possibilities don't mean anything, unless from reliable leakers like Osita. None have been forthcoming, so there are no possible release dates for products that don't yet exist. Why are you holding off on getting a Mavic 3?

Rumors of possibilities don't mean anything, unless from reliable leakers like Osita. None have been forthcoming, so there are no possible release dates for products that don't yet exist. Why are you holding off on getting a Mavic 3?
Having the Air 2S as my first dji, I have grown to believe that an S version will be better for someone like me who don't want to buy latest models as soon as they get released but crave for it.

Having the Air 2S as my first dji, I have grown to believe that an S version will be better for someone like me who don't want to buy latest models as soon as they get released but crave for it.
Mavic 3 is now a mature aircraft. It's even being sold for $150 less than the original MRSP. Satisfy your cravings. That micro 4/3 sensor won't be getting any larger, unlike the what you are calling the S version of the Mavic Air 2, which is no longer even a Mavic! Rumors are just click bait. What's missing from the Mavic 3 that would cause you to wait?

I dislike these rumour sites for this very reason, they constantly make up rumours to drive traffic to their site when there's no official news and convince people to hold off on buying a drone so they miss out.

As I mentioned in another thread the rumour sites were claiming a Mavic 2 successor was imminent way back in November 2019 along with the Inspire 3 and a number of people here decided to hold off buying a Mavic 2 for that reason. The Mavic 3 however wouldn't be released for another two years and the Inspire 3 has yet to be released plus even when the Mavic 3 was released, it didn't make the Mavic 2 any less capable and it still had some advantages.

The fact that DJI have as of today certified the Mavic 3 for the European C1 category suggests they're planning on sticking with it for now and it hopefully gives it some future proofing for the new regulations. There is only one 'S' version of a DJI drone so there is no certainty it's an approach they'll take again, if the Mavic 3 can't do what you want then certainly hold off as there's always something better in the future but if you want its capabilities then you may be missing out on a lot of opportunities by holding off buying it.

Reactions: edcMavicPilots
If Samsung can put an optical zoom in a phone then DJI should be able to do it with a drone. Something like a full 1" sensor and a 20-250mm equivalent lens in the same form factor would work for me. Laws of physics be damned :).

There's ALWAYS something on the horizon.. At some point you just gotta jump in.

Ive been studying these forums like the frozen caveman the last several weeks and FINALLY went ahead this morning at 5am est and pulled the trigger on a Mavic 3 from Best Buy when I saw the countdown timer for having it delivered tomorrow. Lol

So as far as the rumor mill goes, maybe something is coming, maybe not. But something is DEFINITELY coming to MY front door tomorrow. ;)

There's ALWAYS something on the horizon.. At some point you just gotta jump in.

Ive been studying these forums like the frozen caveman the last several weeks and FINALLY went ahead this morning at 5am est and pulled the trigger on a Mavic 3 from Best Buy when I saw the countdown timer for having it delivered tomorrow. Lol

So as far as the rumor mill goes, maybe something is coming, maybe not. But something is DEFINITELY coming to MY front door tomorrow. ;)
now grab you a couple more batteries...and a case...and some filters...and a pad...and a tripltek...oops...gotta run :).

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
now grab you a couple more batteries...and a case...and some filters...and a pad...and a tripltek...oops...gotta run :).
Yep. Already have the Tripltec. Ordered one extra battery and a couple sd cards also from BB to be delivered tomorrow.. Went on Amazon and ordered the charging hub.. I'm sure I need a lot more, though.. Super stoked right now, tho.

What I'm hoping for is a follow up to the A2S which logically would be called the Air 3. As a hobbyist, the Mavic 3 price tag is a bridge too far. Maybe next spring. For now my MA2 is serving me well.

I dislike these rumour sites for this very reason, they constantly make up rumours to drive traffic to their site when there's no official news and convince people to hold off on buying a drone so they miss out.

As I mentioned in another thread the rumour sites were claiming a Mavic 2 successor was imminent way back in November 2019 along with the Inspire 3 and a number of people here decided to hold off buying a Mavic 2 for that reason. The Mavic 3 however wouldn't be released for another two years and the Inspire 3 has yet to be released plus even when the Mavic 3 was released, it didn't make the Mavic 2 any less capable and it still had some advantages.

The fact that DJI have as of today certified the Mavic 3 for the European C1 category suggests they're planning on sticking with it for now and it hopefully gives it some future proofing for the new regulations. There is only one 'S' version of a DJI drone so there is no certainty it's an approach they'll take again, if the Mavic 3 can't do what you want then certainly hold off as there's always something better in the future but if you want its capabilities then you may be missing out on a lot of opportunities by holding off buying it.

Here's a story about the C1 certification for the Mavic 3. It states that DJI will be offering labels for Mavic 3 owners during the fourth quarter of 2022.

So is that the certification needed for whatever final rules the EU will impose on drones?

I thought it was called the CE mark for something.

So is that the certification needed for whatever final rules the EU will impose on drones?

I thought it was called the CE mark for something.
Yes, it means the Mavic 3 will be allowed in the less restrictive A1 category while if it didn't have the certification it would eventually end up in the restrictive A3 category. There are four new categories overall from C0 to C4 each with different drone requirements.

The CE mark is a mandatory certification for many goods for them to be sold in the EU.

Hahaha
Yea/no. I wouldnt say that was a reliable source.

Maybe a new drone will mean the current SDK may come out sooner than later

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs