DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 3S ??

I’ve made peace with my M3 purchase. Honestly, it’s a great drone that gets a ton of backlash from some distinct problems that aren’t endgames for me. So I lose a couple of minutes flight time on my first battery of the day. I’m still flying a lot longer then my M2P does. I won’t purchase a M3S, although I did buy the A2S after having the A2 for a year. The cost of these flagship models is just too much to throw around now. Next, flagship will have to be ground breaking.

Any reviewer on Youtube who got a $3000 or a $5000 drone comped for the review is suspect.

Are there any who waited and purchased it themselves and posted their reviews later?
Well, I certainly will, with the Mini-3!

Still, I'd be happy to be "suspect" under the conditions that you describe...

:cool:

MM

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
The rumors of a MAVIC 3S coming out by 4th quarter 2022 are getting stronger. I've been sitting on $3.500 and DJI will not get a penny until it fixes the MAVIC3 and I don't care how deeply it is discounted. If DJI listens, hear this. The public watched all the Youtuber influencers proclaim the new MAVIC3 was great! That despite the truth, it was released prematurely. And when the firmware fixes were released, MAVIC 3 owners, in exchange for a lot of money, have a premium drone that doesn't work properly. This is shameful on the part of DJI. I have 6 DJI drones, I'm sitting 2022 out. DJI can release the "S" version, at this point, I will wait until regular people's reviews come in, Not only did DJI lose credibility, they took the influencers with them.
Hey Buddy

I love my mavic 3 Cine! This thing is awesome!

Dji is the best right now at selling consumer drones. This drone has all the cool features that I would want with the exception for a thermal camera.

Sure software updates will come just like microsoft service packs.

I am happy with my purchase the equipment is pretty great.

You are doing the right thing. If you don’t like it don’t buy it.

Cheers!

Robert

Reactions: NattyDread
I agree! M3 is unfinished! I bought it on 12/2022. It has been serviced in Germany and there it is again. IMU not working-updated after each flight, explorer unstable, error messages also during flight etc…. also RC Pro controller problems… lose signal etc… i have three drones M2 Pro as well as mini 2 combo are great! In Germany, the M3 has been replaced! The one in service should be here in a week! I am ordering a Mavic Maveric T30! Lets see if the M3 is ok then state otherwise I won't! It is important that you immediately report any defects and send the drone for service! Everything, even small faults, must be reported!

What is a Mavic Maverick T30.
I think you mean a Matrice 30T possibly?
That's a totally different type of platform... it's a Great Platform if those payloads are needed... Thermal, etc.

It's primary camera isn't same caliber and not adjustable aperture.
At $14,000+... it's equal to 3 M3 Cine units.

It's Radio is feature rich for Enterprise solutions, payload is also high on components, but it lacks most of what the M3 is designed.

My Guess is the new Inspire 3 will likely be of same upper caliber .

The M3S Thread took the recycled discussion on M3 defects route. Always informative, but now essentially rehashing previous threads.

Back on the M3S... my guess it'll incorporate M3 corrections that may include new electronics vs FW updates. This may introduce new issues to chase down or like the A2S, was at a further completed stage than the A2 on release.

As with the A2, those that purchased... how many also purchased the A2S? A good percentage, which at kit prices was a mild sting to obtain new craft and shelf the A2. Release of M3S, so soon after M3... will have a much higher irritation for M3 Owners. The price will be substantial higher for many 1 yr after M3 purchase to absorb to keep pace with the newest platform. Many will express DJI should correct the M3 and they left it half-baked and moved attention to M3S.

That indirectly indicates to me the M3S will gain several new features in hardware & software. Justifying the new hardware and ignoring the complaints with the M3S... sounds poor, but it is common business practice with several industries.

I have a M3 Cine... would enjoy more features & corrections. Some of these updates will occur but to gain more, will require a M3S purchase! As with MA2 Owners and the MA2S... you can continue to happily use the M3... still a great craft or if the thought or need supports a upgrade... then purchase a M3S.

LOL... beware there will be a M4 or something better 12-24 months too.
Yes agree DJI have done it before and can do it again as unpalatable as it is. While it should be a process of constant continual improvement seems for some aspects this doesn't apply..... e.g. waypoints, controller, GPS lock

Yes agree DJI have done it before and can do it again as unpalatable as it is. While it should be a process of constant continual improvement seems for some aspects this doesn't apply..... e.g. waypoints, controller, GPS lock
Yep... that's in the sequel M3S... and many more! LOL!

For the M3; The GPS I'm confident will be corrected and waypoint will be available via 3rd Party via SDK.
If the M3S remains on the FLY App... waypoints will likely be included on release but on-board processing won't exist unless they move the M3S to a new App... maybe same the new Inspire 3 will utilize.

If a reviewer does not say what the companies are pleased to hear, when they send them a product for review, then they'll be out of business. That's why 99% of the reviews are positive or strongly positive, worst case is they have a neutral review.
So..... Youtube? Paid promotion? No thanks... I'll skip to next video

I do enjoy the various YouTubes. Great resource, images, and comments. I don't really listen to their personal comments or suggestions... I more listen to specs & features, view the images & videos to get a better feel for the device long before it'd be in my area to physically examine.

Some don't know the product very well... most that review a craft with Thermo as example, clearly don't know thermo.

The YouTube format is much more informative than reading a 2 page review with 2-3 photos. The video provides more than the dialog.... more data in few minutes.

There are some that provide good verbal information too... but that may be bits & pieces.... and I pay zero attention to any recommendations. I like the ones that say... "I'll let you decide"... yep I sure will.

When the DJI FPV was close to release, the "FPV collective" was giving it poor marks... not a true FPV, a failure before it happened. After release, still high percentage indicated in wasn't for FPV, more of a "mis fit" poor marketing failure. Most simply didn't see the nitch market DJI clearly reconized prior to extensive development.

Short time later, YouTubers & Reviewers stated it was a hybrid... a cinematic FPV, a nitch craft, and as sells continued to explode... became clear DJI released a new class, took a risk and it was paying off! DJI didn't do all that in a vapor, they reconized the risk but felt market was present before a lengthy development, marketing and distribution despite YouTuber & Expert Reviews being negative.

Suddenly it became a great FPV, not a Racer but a Great FPV. The YouTubes were pretty much all Positive now. That FPV craft clearly showed the YouTube Creators getting onboard the money train lead by a Buyer's Market... not the YouTube led market. Once Positive YouTubes, it increased the sales.

I question if negative YouTubes overall have a high impact if company knows how to market their products.

This sort of thing is all over the Internet and permeates nearly every kind of consumer product. I notice it even with books; there's a handful of authors that I am desperately waiting to finish a beloved series. Every so often I search for the author's name or book series and get AWFUL results with headlines like "RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED", when in actuality there's nothing of the sort - It's all just clickbait to drive traffic and sell advertisements. Movies, TV shows, smartphones, PC hardware... whatever. There's always rumors that there's another one coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a reworked or 'budget' version of the Mavic 3 sometime in the next year or two, but that's only because it follows the same trends as a lot of consumer electronics. Rumors are rumors and they'll probably eventually turn out to be true if for no other reason than it's just probable to happen and somebody can say "I told you so".
Carnival barkers

I think DJI wants to make the M3 has a professional drone. So I guess no M3S.

The mid level would be the M2 series.

My guess.

How much time elapsed between the release of the Air 2 and the Air 2S?

How willing are DJI to alienate the people who bought the M3?

How much time elapsed between the release of the Air 2 and the Air 2S?

How willing are DJI to alienate the people who bought the M3?
What could a m3 pro offer to be better than a mavic 3 cine? Flight time, camera capabilities, what? I am very happy with this tool and another tool would have a purpose that I may or may not have a need for.

As a prosumer type of drone a pro version might include what features?7FD6E389-AE65-4646-B345-031B15E83675.jpeg

What could a m3 pro offer to be better than a mavic 3 cine? Flight time, camera capabilities, what? I am very happy with this tool and another tool would have a purpose that I may or may not have a need for.

As a prosumer type of drone a pro version might include what features?
  • True 360X180 panos i.e redesign like the Mini 3 pro to look straight up
  • Higher Quality 1" Tele Lens
  • Ability to take automatic grids of images with tele lens to create super high res stitched images
I would buy a M4 or M3s in a second if it had all that...

• True 360X180 panos i.e redesign like the Mini 3 pro to look straight up
  • Higher Quality 1" Tele Lens
  • Ability to take automatic grids of images with tele lens to create super high res stitched images
I would buy a M4 or M3s in a second if it had all that...
Yes if the camera could compete with movie quality imagery. I do wonder how expensive the drone would become? I am thinking more than four times the price of a m3 cine? What price point would you imagine?

They have to balance what kind of sales volume they would want vs. protecting their higher-end products.

For instance, M3 is priced so much higher than the M2P that it seems unlikely they were selling as many in the first 6 months or first year after launch.

OTOH, maybe there was some pent up demand and people were flush with money they didn't spend during the pandemic.

But they had sales on the M3 didn't they, within the first year? I don't think the M2 had sales in the first year?

With those requests: You're probably touching on a few features of the new Inspre 3. That'll be their Cinematography Professional model... as the I2 and X7 is currently.

In today's market, I'm curious where the I3 packages will be in price. When you consider the previous prices of the I2, X7 and lenses... the new I3 kits will probably start at $10-12k, about double an M3Cine and higher end kit around $20k.

The cost of the new Professional Ronin kit... that's way more than the older Ronin models, new model very capable and gaining popularity dispute it's large price tag. The Inspire 3 will be similar in acceptance.

This will most likely keep the M3 series less capable to give separation in platforms. Despite costs, you'll still have a group of serious hobbyist and others buy the I3 series.

Sony has a drone designed for their FF mirrorless cameras and that starts around $8-9k.

I don't know what the load capacity is but if you put a FF mirrorless with a lens that isn't too big or heavy, that's got to be better imaging that the camera options on the Inspire?

Sony has a drone designed for their FF mirrorless cameras and that starts around $8-9k.

I don't know what the load capacity is but if you put a FF mirrorless with a lens that isn't too big or heavy, that's got to be better imaging that the camera options on the Inspire?
I doubt it... the Sony platform has a ways to go. It's reception to cinematography has been lower than expected. That's a good example, the $8-9k is just platform... add payloads, lenses, and batteries (think M300 class / cost batteries). That will be in the ballpark of I3... $10-12k start cost... similar to I2 kits 4 yrs ago.

Currently, if you place a A7R w moderate lens, you have less than 3 minutes flight time. Place a A7R on a M600Pro if needed... been available and used for some time with a much longer flight time.

Several other issues, many should be able to be corrected... so far not addressed.

The X7 FF 35 & lenses were & is a great camera kit. That was several years ago, I'm confident new FF for I3 will be available. Rumor has same lens mount to allow using current lenses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast