DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3T Enterprise completely new to drones

weekender7

Reactions
Just got a Mavic 3T and have never flown or been around a drone before. I'm full of questions.
First question is if I want to have the drone land in my hand instead of on the ground, how do I shut it off once I have it in my hand.
Next, can I see my flight path, (bread crumb trail of where I have been) on the wide angle camera view.? I can see the trail on the map view but it would be helpful to me to see in on the wide angle as well.

Hello from the Crossroads of America weekender7.

First you need to take the TRUST test and keep a copy with you when you fly.

It's a free, no fail test that's easy to take that covers the basics of flying a drone.

You also need to register it with the FAA.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

First question is if I want to have the drone land in my hand instead of on the ground, how do I shut it off once I have it in my hand.

Just hold the left stick down after landing in the hand. The motors will stop.

It should hesitate for a moment after detecting your hand, but continue to hold the stick down during the landing sequence.

A neck lanyard for the remote helps when doing this.

I land my MA2 in my hand by pinching it, like holding a paper airplane or dart, and keep the left stick down after contact.

I never trusted the palm method and some pilots will grab it and flip it past 180⁰ to kill the motors.

I did it once with the SPARK and I, or it didn't like it.

I believe the Mavic 3T is much larger than my MA2 so be careful.

I held the left stick down but it would not shut off. I had taken off before the HOME spot had updated, Had I used the home button to land it would have been a hundred yards out in a field with fresh manure fertilizer on it. That's when I decided to catch it. I had my landing pad out from where I took off but trying to manually land with the controls it would not go down past about 5' above the pad. It refused to obey lololol. I grabbed it from the bottom and it was trying to "get away". I wound up grasping it until the battery depleted.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to the forum!

On P3s I grab the landing gear, hold it stable as you can, tell the props stop.
If you do anything, before the props shut of It decides it didn't land yet?

Please correct me if these Mavic's are different.
They are to small for me. :rolleyes: 👌

Rod ..

"If you do anything, before the props shut of It decides it didn't land yet?"
I think this was my problem. I should have given the drone time to recognize my hand and land in it, but instead, I just reached and grabbed the bottom so it did not land in my hand. I still don't know why it would not allow me to land it manually on the pad, stopping about 5' above and not going any lower.

"If you do anything, before the props shut of It decides it didn't land yet?"
I think this was my problem. I should have given the drone time to recognize my hand and land in it, but instead, I just reached and grabbed the bottom so it did not land in my hand. I still don't know why it would not allow me to land it manually on the pad, stopping about 5' above and not going any lower.
The drone stops around 5' above the pad normally in an descent as it examines the landing spot with its visual sensor and then descends after a few seconds. The controller says, "landing" when that sequence starts. GPS only gets it so far when landing since the vertical accuracy can be off by a meter - hence the hesitation around 2 meters before landing.

Many times, my Mavic 3E or Matrice M30 will stop and refuse to land if the ground is uniform (like asphalt or other smooth surface). A message pops up saying that it can't land because it can't determine the condition of the landing site.

If you are satisfied that it's fine, you force the landing by holding the left stick down.

The drone stops around 5' above the pad normally in an descent as it examines the landing spot with its visual sensor and then descends after a few seconds. The controller says, "landing" when that sequence starts. GPS only gets it so far when landing since the vertical accuracy can be off by a meter - hence the hesitation around 2 meters before landing.

Many times, my Mavic 3E or Matrice M30 will stop and refuse to land if the ground is uniform (like asphalt or other smooth surface). A message pops up saying that it can't land because it can't determine the condition of the landing site.

If you are satisfied that it's fine, you force the landing by holding the left stick down.
Thanks for the info wanderlost

Why on earth would you want to catch an Enterprise model in your hand! Sure I guess it looks cool BUT what looks BAD is fumbling with you 5000 dollar drone as it falls from your hand to the ground.
and WELCOME to the forum!

Reactions: RodPad and MA2 317
"Why on earth would you want to catch an Enterprise model in your hand! Sure I guess it looks cool BUT what looks BAD is fumbling with you 5000 dollar drone as it falls from your hand to the ground."

There were two things going on. My home spot was not where I wanted the drone to land and it refused to land on the pad where I wanted it to land. I probably didn't hold the control arm down long enough to force it to land. Being new to the drone, I didn't know what to do in this situation so I thought I could take control with my hand and then turn it off. After I got a hold of it I still couldn't turn it off but maybe I could now that I know more about the workings of it.

"Why on earth would you want to catch an Enterprise model in your hand! Sure I guess it looks cool BUT what looks BAD is fumbling with you 5000 dollar drone as it falls from your hand to the ground."

There were two things going on. My home spot was not where I wanted the drone to land and it refused to land on the pad where I wanted it to land. I probably didn't hold the control arm down long enough to force it to land. Being new to the drone, I didn't know what to do in this situation so I thought I could take control with my hand and then turn it off. After I got a hold of it I still couldn't turn it off but maybe I could now that I know more about the workings of it.
A little trick to make your drone land exactly where you want it to-- Get some black or other color electric tape or any tape really. make a pattern on your landing pad with the tape a hashtag works well now when you takeoff from that pad the Drones sensors will seek out that shape to land on. Don't tell anyone its a trade secret! lol

Reactions: RodPad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99