DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 4 Pro?

Yep, a 4 is not is sight for quite a while. They're just getting the 3 going good now. I have one and it is quite amazing. The camera/gimbal is practically as stable in flight as if it were sitting on the ground, even the zoom cam at max. Unreal. Magic?

However, take care not to bump or otherwise harm the camera cluster, it kinda sticks out and has delicate mountings.
An amazing design and construction, well worth the cost.

Reactions: MS Coast
Debating whether to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3 Pro (drone only) or wait for the 4. The New Mavic 3 Pro arrived. Not a great start thread has me concerned a bit to just hold off...lol
I upgraded from my Mavic 3 (original) to the Mavic 3 Pro in September because I wanted to have the flexibility of the medium tele and the improvements of the 7X tele. For me at this time, the Mavic 3 Pro is the perfect drone for me and I don't see myself upgrading to another drone anytime soon. Whether it has Occusynch 4 means nothing to me. I have always had a stable signal with my RC Pro and I have no interest in flying BVLOS.

With regard to photo quality, I have found the images from all three cameras to be excellent on my Mavic 3 Pro. On a forum like this you are often going to hear from those who are not satisfied and rarely from those who are.

Waiting for a newer improved version can sometimes lead to surprises that you may or may not want. For example, with the Air 3 many were happy with the addition of the medium tele but also many were disappointed that the wide angle lens did not have a 1" sensor as the previous Air 2S had.

If the Mavic 3 Pro suits your needs now, then why not go for it. You can always sell it and upgrade to a Mavic 4 when and if one is ever released.

Chris

Debating whether to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3 Pro (drone only) or wait for the 4. The New Mavic 3 Pro arrived. Not a great start thread has me concerned a bit to just hold off...lol
Dont hold out expecting a new drone to launch without issues. Its never going to happen. Get what you need, what you can afford, when you can. You could have a good time flying getting good experience and skills now

Yep, a 4 is not is sight for quite a while. They're just getting the 3 going good now. I have one and it is quite amazing. The camera/gimbal is practically as stable in flight as if it were sitting on the ground, even the zoom cam at max. Unreal. Magic?

However, take care not to bump or otherwise harm the camera cluster, it kinda sticks out and has delicate mountings.
An amazing design and construction, well worth the cost.
Agree.
I just wished the FlyApp got some attention from DJI. It is pretty basic and amateurish. Full screen view for starters would be nice, more ratios like 3:2 on the crop marks, more button customization options for RC Pro, WB with tint slider not just temperature with dedicated memory for each camera etc etc...Still plenty to improve on M3P if you ask me. All of the above and more could then be carried over to M4P.

Mavic 3 Pro was released on 5/25/23. Mavic 4 Pro is at least one year away, based on DJI's typical release schedule.

With two cameras (1X & 3X), Mavic 3 weights at 895g. With three cameras, Mavic 3 Pro weights at 958g. Mavic 4 is most likely going to be even heavier, because DJI is approaching the limit of what they can do with the current design. Personally I would like to see a 1-inch sensor for 3X telephoto camera, and at least 1/1.56-inch sensor for 6X camera. That means new optical lens design, bigger and heavier camera module, and bigger gimbal as well. DJI would have to increase the weight and size of the drone once more (and with a bigger battery), to accommodate all of that.

There is also a decent chance that DJI could use Sony's Lytia series sensors for 3X and 6X telephone cameras. According to Sony's official announcement, a 1/1.43 inch Lytia sensor (LYT808) offers the same image quality when compared to Sony's traditional 1-inch sensor (e.g., IMX989). DJI could potentially use LYT700 sensor (1/1.56 inch) for 6X camera, and LYT808 (1/1.43 inch) or LYT900 (1/0.98 inch) for 3X camera. Besides better image quality, these new Lytia sensors are expected to offer additional features as well (e.g., on-chip HDR, all-pixel autofocus, in-sensor zoom).

More information about Sony's Lytia sensors

Beyond Mavic 4, there is also a possibility that DJI could launch a brand new series of high-end foldable drones, with even bigger and heavier body design (1.5-2kg?), to support interchangeable lens (16-35mm / 24-70mm, etc). This new drone would sit between Mavic and Inspire series, and might be named "Inspire Mini" (IMHO).

Reactions: c.oberschneider
I think DJI will learn from the Mavic 3 release and ensure all basic functionality is available from day 1. It took them sometime to release in firmware updates which made the reviews quite negative. Therefore I would assume this will probably add another 6 months on the release date. I’m in a similar boat, I have a Mavic 2 pro and keen to upgrade but not if the 4 is released first quarter of next year

I think DJI will learn from the Mavic 3 release and ensure all basic functionality is available from day 1. It took them sometime to release in firmware updates which made the reviews quite negative.
The original Mavic 3 worked properly when released and received great reviews.
It was a firmware release some time later that caused problems and DJI took months to fix those.

The Mavic 3 launch ok on day 1 because it omitted a lot of the "challenging" features. If the same happens with Mavic 4, I would be inclined to wait 6-8 months post launch and if it launches as the Mavic 4 and not the Mavic 4 Pro then I would pass. Fool me once....

Reactions: Suren
I think DJI will learn from the Mavic 3 release and ensure all basic functionality is available from day 1. It took them sometime to release in firmware updates which made the reviews quite negative. Therefore I would assume this will probably add another 6 months on the release date. I’m in a similar boat, I have a Mavic 2 pro and keen to upgrade but not if the 4 is released first quarter of next year
The Mavic 3 launch ok on day 1 because it omitted a lot of the "challenging" features. If the same happens with Mavic 4, I would be inclined to wait 6-8 months post launch and if it launches as the Mavic 4 and not the Mavic 4 Pro then I would pass. Fool me on

The Mavic 3 launch ok on day 1 because it omitted a lot of the "challenging" features. If the same happens with Mavic 4, I would be inclined to wait 6-8 months post launch and if it launches as the Mavic 4 and not the Mavic 4 Pro then I would pass. Fool me once...

I think they will learn from their mistakes with the M3 launch. It will have all the standard features on day one, plus more. They won’t remove standard features and add them later in firmware. The outcry was too big on the 3 release. - If I’m right here, then I would expect this will delay the release date by around 6 months.

Oh like you, would wait for the 4Pro if they only release a 4

Reactions: mavic3usa
This, plus sharpness / noise reduction settings for stills and video modes.
Yeah that could be useful for all those shooting JPEGs and do not want to do any postprocessing. I personally do not care as only shoot DNG and do my own processing using DxO PureRaw, Lightroom and Photoshop. There is so much what could still be done to make the existing the M3P much more "pro" than it currently is.

Reactions: rp6
I've been waiting for a Mavic 4 for 1.5 years ever since I lost my original Mavic Pro. I was close to buying Mavic 3 and was impressed with the advertised 46 minute flight time, but then read actual flight times are close to 35 minutes. I'm an explorer and would like to fly for good 45 minutes to an hour without having to return for battery swap. I don't care extreme picture quality, 4k was plenty for me. I want solid 45 min flight time with 10% battery left and superior obstacle avoidance and strong signal. That's why I'm waiting for Mavic 4. If it's flight time won't beat Mavic 3 by much, I'll buy the Mavic at a cheaper price. Hopefully we'll see a Mavic 4 by end of this year.

I was close to buying Mavic 3 and was impressed with the advertised 46 minute flight time, but then read actual flight times are close to 35 minutes.
You need to be more realistic in your expectations.
DJI explain clearly in their specs how they attain the Max Flight Time and it's under laboratory conditions .. nothing like the kind of flying that you or anyone else wants to do.
Any climbing slowing, speeding up, dealing with wind, flying faster or slower than the speed they show in the specs, etc will reduce your flight time below the max possible.
I'm an explorer and would like to fly for good 45 minutes to an hour without having to return for battery swap.
... I want solid 45 min flight time with 10% battery left.
That's why I'm waiting for Mavic 4.
Then you'll have to wait for a drone with an advertised Max Flight Time of an hour or more.
Perhaps the Mavic 7 might be the one for you.
You are going to have to be patient ... or go out and but the best drone available now for your purposes and enjoy that until something comes out that's even better.

Mavic4 Pro?
DJI is busy building and selling the “mini” series. From the reading I’ve done, the mini’s are what provides DJI the ability to keep the bankers happy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian