DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic above the Delta works ( Netherlands )

It is the entrance to the ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp and it keeps the southwest of the Netherlands safe from the sea, after the big flood in 1953. More than 1800 people lost their lives and many thousands there homes, farms and livestock. It was (and maybe still is) the largest project of its kind in the world. Dutch engineers also assisted in New Orleans after the flood there.

Reactions: celurae
Dutch engineers also assisted in New Orleans after the flood there.

And in China as well I think on various projects. I visited the Zuiderzee Works when in Amsterdam. I was always amazed when flying back to the UK that if it were not for all these defences I would be several meters below the sea at Schiphol!

I like this picture, which show where you would be without them.
The_Netherlands_compared_to_sealevel.png

And in China as well I think on various projects. I visited the Zuiderzee Works when in Amsterdam. I was always amazed when flying back to the UK that if it were not for all these defences I would be several meters below the sea at Schiphol!

I like this picture, which show where you would be without them.
View attachment 35976
I live on the bottom of what was once the Zuiderzee, 6m below sea level.

This is how that looks now:

sunset 05-04-18_1.1.1 (2).jpg

Last edited:
The weather was great today. Crystal clear & almost no wind :D :D
Took the Mavic out to fly above some parts of the magnificent Delta Works in southern Netherlands.

Hope you will like the result!

Very impressive. The footage had all the feel of an opening to a documentary. Certainly made me want to reasearch the project. Great cenamatography.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000