DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic aging

My total flight time is:

• Total voters

rusm

Reactions
Hi. I'm using my Mavic almost a year, flew about 70 hours/1000 km.
So, what the better: use DJI Refresh (it expires soon), or keep flying old Mav? Everything is fine with mine, but I'm worry about motors aging. What is typical lifetime for Mavic motors?
And maybe Mavics have some other well-known aging troubles?

So what your advising is to do a trade in towards the end of the care refresh period, do you need to prove anything to DJI or can you just ask for one ?

No, but mine have some scars from little crashes. They don't affect usability, but should be enough for Refresh.

Don't think cosmetic damage is covered by Refresh. It would have to be a crash with damage impairing its ability to fly.

Reactions: Lopez0015
So, what the better: use DJI Refresh (it expires soon), or keep flying old Mav? Everything is fine with mine, but I'm worry about motors aging. What is typical lifetime for Mavic motors?
I would think that getting a refurbished bird is not as good as the "known" one that you already have. Or fly it into a wall?

Don't think cosmetic damage is covered by Refresh. It would have to be a crash with damage impairing its ability to fly.

In addition to the fact that the crash must be unintentional. If you turn off obstacle avoidance and crash it just to get a new one, Big Brother at DJI is watching and they may very well deny your Refresh coverage.

Mavics have no known aging troubles. Keep flying (yours is barely broken in) and worry about trouble, when and if it happens.

About 120 hours and 1000 miles here and still flawless.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
If you were to accidentally-on-purpose crash your mavic, the way to do it would be while flying backwards and upwards at the same time -- preferably into something quite high-up like a tree canopy over rocks. You'd need to damage it enough that they'll swap it out with a new (refurbished) one as opposed to repairing yours.

Last edited:
Only 70 hours on it?
Wait till you break it in before you worry about replacing it. :D

You dog! I have over 200 on mine but it still flies really well. I also have the coverage but I'd feel dirty making a fraudulent claim.

Reactions: Mavic 57
If you were to accidentally-on-purpose crash your mavic, the way to do it would be while flying backwards and upwards at the same time -- preferably into something quite high-up like a tree canopy over rocks. You'd need to damage it enough that they'll swap it out with a now(refurbished) one as opposed to repairing yours.
Geesh... I'm not even going to try to express what's wrong with this.

The OP has expressed a desire to do this. Not something I'd do personally, but I'm not here to arbitrate ethical behaviour.
Perhaps that is the problem.

No one is willing to stand up and tell the OP that what is being considered is unethical.

So, I will do that now.

OP, what is being suggested as a method to use your refresh to get another unit, is unethical. You can do it, and you might get away with it but it isn't what refresh was designed for, and it will have consequences for those who follow.

The OP has expressed a desire to do this. Not something I'd do personally, but I'm not here to arbitrate ethical behaviour.

You weren’t arbitrating you were actively advising how to commit fraud.

Well that’s an easy thing to fix. Crash that puppy good and they’ll have to replace it ha!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard