DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic aging

My total flight time is:

• Total voters
Let me start first by saying that the is no need to trade in your MP if there is nothing wrong with it.

Now... How is it fraud if it’s a service that you paid for. It’s covers damages... period. So what if he wants to fly it into a wall whether it’s on purpose or not DJI is still getting paid the refresh fees per the contract. And the only reason for dji looking at flight logs is if you are filing a warranty claim.

Let me start first by saying that the is no need to trade in your MP if there is nothing wrong with it.

Now... How is it fraud if it’s a service that you paid for. It’s covers damages... period. So what if he wants to fly it into a wall whether it’s on purpose or not DJI is still getting paid the refresh fees per the contract. And the only reason for dji looking at flight logs is if you are filing a warranty claim.
My house is starting to get on a bit. Could do with being decorated, couple of carpets and maybe a new kitchen.

My building insurance covers fire, Its a service i've paid for, insurance company are still getting the excess as per contract...........

Reactions: Ron_Dog
There is no way I would get rid of a known good working MP to have it replaced, by one that was refurbished (and who knows why) with a proven track record of some kind of failure. Send that old worn out bird to me and I will give it a place in Ron_Dog's MP retirement village! LOL!

Reactions: Callum
You're entitled to your opinion.

That's the kind of thing that you do but never admit on a forum. You don't want tons of people doing it because DJI's gonna take more security measures.

Although this is not the kind of thing that I do, I don't feel bad for DJI because they send their information to China and have horrible customer service

My house is starting to get on a bit. Could do with being decorated, couple of carpets and maybe a new kitchen.

My building insurance covers fire, Its a service i've paid for, insurance company are still getting the excess as per contract...........

Keyword... “Insurance”. Refresh is not insurance. Most mortgage companies require that you have homeowners insurance. You are not however required to purchase a refresh policy.

Is it fraud? Probably not. Is it right or what they intended it to be used for? Probably not.

I think most would rather keep thier mavic that has proved itself. Rather than get a refurbished mavic.

I agree. It would kind of fall in line with the mindset of those that feel they need to trade in their car every two years for a new one. My 2004 Honda has over 300k on it....

Had it one year and one month. 328 hours air time, 4,358 miles (as of today). Still flies like the day I bought it. Only thing I've replaced are the batteries. At this point I won't curse DJI if it falls out of the sky tomorrow, I'll just buy another.

If you were to accidentally-on-purpose crash your mavic, the way to do it would be while flying backwards and upwards at the same time -- preferably into something quite high-up like a tree canopy over rocks. You'd need to damage it enough that they'll swap it out with a new (refurbished) one as opposed to repairing yours.
That’s exactly what happened with me

I've been flying mine for a day less than 3 weeks and I have about 4 1/2 hours and a hair over 60 miles on it.

I used to think about longevity, but knowing me, I will probably get something new before my current birds wear out. Of course I care about things lasting a long time if they are being taken care of(like being royally POed about my Phantom 4's cracking airframe problem), but again, I know myself so a couple of "good" years out of a bird will make me happy.

I bought my MP last march. I crashed mine 4 weeks after I got it. I have refresh and it took 6 weeks to get it back and I received my same MP. I was thankful, I've heard horror stories about getting a refurbished bird back. I have under 50hrs on mine and it is like new. Would never even think about trying to get another one this way. It will last many years if you take care of it.

Actually do about half with Litchi, so they don't show up on DJI flight logs. Although they should all be on the blackbox inside the Mavic.

Do you happen to use airdata, it stores all flights from different platforms in one place, keeps track of even the things you don’t think of. Check it out airdata.com .

Do you happen to use airdata, it stores all flights from different platforms in one place, keeps track of even the things you don’t think of. Check it out airdata.com .
Check post above the one you replied to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78