DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 1 Battery charged but LED #4 blinking rapidly, unrecognized by drone

audio_inside

Reactions
Hi All -

I had 3 MA1 batteries that sat for several years and were "dead" but I was able to successfully revive them by manual cell charging followed by use of the DJI Battery Killer app + CP2112 h/w interface using the Unseal/PF Clear/Seal procedure.

HOWEVER, while I have successfully flown with two batteries, the third battery will charge to "full" (all LEDS lit solid) but it is unrecognized by the drone. Inserting the battery and then "powering it up" causes the LEDs to light - showing level of charge - but the drone does not turn on.

Also, this third battery sometimes gets into a mode where pressing the button shows the level of charge AND the 4th LED blinks rapidly. Leaving it on the charger overnight brings it out of that mode. I haven't found any useful definition of an error code for the 4th LED blinking except over- and under-temperature warnings, which is not the case for this battery.

Does this issue of LED #4 blinking sound familiar to anyone? If so, how can I fix it so that the drone will recognize it?

Attached are BMS register dumps from the DJI Battery Killer showing one of my good batteries and the unrecognized battery. After looking up the functional definitions (in the Users Manual for the Texas Instruments BQ40Z50/"BQ9003" DJI-customized BMS chip used in the MA1 battery) for the registers whose values differ between the two batteries there seems to be no differences that are obvious or relevant to this failure to recognize the battery.

Also for completeness I'm including the DBK "Info" dump summarizing the state of the unrecognized battery. As you can see, the values there appear nominal and there is only a very minor mis-balance of .01V between the 3 "fully charged" cells.

Attachments

• Good Registers Resealed.png
    Good Registers Resealed.png
    743.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Bad Registers Resealed.jpg
    Bad Registers Resealed.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Bad Info Dump.png
    Bad Info Dump.png
    487.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I wouldn't use them if it were me.