DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 _ Battery Fsilure

nelsbb

Reactions
Hi all

New mavic air 2. Firmware updated and activated. All batteries fully charged.

Today was third day flying and was intended to try all the phoyovsnd video modes.

All flights were flown in normal mode and it was predominant hover or low speed active tracking.

First battery flight was nominal. After change second battery, about 8 mins into the flight I received 3 messages. Critical battery failure; battery over temp; and land immediately.

Got back to the landing site. However, battery could not be shut off with the button, the drone was wuite warm to touch and battery could not be removed.

After several hours, the battery had depleted. It was cool to touch but battery was still unable yobe removed. Placed the drone in the freezer to see if swelling might be the issue. Nope.

However, the battery could be wiggled a big and after 5 mins it popped free. The problem was evident.

A dime sized hole was burned through the back of the battery. The aft bulkhead of the drones battery bay has heat damage but no penetration.

Now to deal with DJI over warranty...

Attachments

• 20200703_185748.jpg
    20200703_185748.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200703_184550.jpg
    20200703_184550.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Wow
Reactions: Mr Shamrok and ven
And reported here as well:

Had same issue with ma2 this weekend. Same exact scenario only I was unable to get the battery to release even after the battery was cool. It was my 4th flight from firmware update. Hope they resolve this issue soon

Since my charget/ hub were replaced and a new replacement battery dissolved, I have flown all my batteries about a dozen times each. Temps are fine. Cell voltage deviations are minor. So hopefully you will have the same experience

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake