DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 ambient light low (180037). Very dark video.

WIKI1337

Reactions
Hello! Recently I started getting an error: "Ambient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 180037)". What is concerning, is that it starts appearing even in reasonably lit areas (like apartment). What is even more concerning, is that when I film at night, I can't see a thing, maybe a light source here and there (barely noticeable). I used to shoot car meets at night, and the image was perfect, however now, in the same locations, with the shutter cranked to the lowest I barely can make out headlights, not to mention the sensors not working. Also, when I switch to photo mode, everything fixes itself and the image comes back to normal.
Do you have any clues as to what might be happening? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: kalimah
The Ambient Light Warning it quick to come on several of the DJI drones so that should not be a concern.

I would try changing the Exposure Level on the Screen when filming in the Dark and than finding a shutter speed if not use the Auto with the Exposure level change.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water

Hello! Recently I started getting an error: "Ambient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 180037)". What is concerning, is that it starts appearing even in reasonably lit areas (like apartment)…
The Vision System, aka Visual Positioning System, comes into use during landing and when you don’t have sufficient GPS signal strength for stable flight.

It looks downward. If there’s not enough light or not enough detail below the drone AND no GPS flight can be very unstable. This can be a bit of a problem flying indoors in low light.

The Ambient Light Warning it quick to come on several of the DJI drones so that should not be a concern.

I would try changing the Exposure Level on the Screen when filming in the Dark and than finding a shutter speed if not use the Auto with the Exposure level change.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water
Thanks you for your answer! But why did it work perfectly fine before in the same dark environments and now it is showing me essentially a black screen. I've watched some night shots with mavic air 2 by other people, and they don't even have shutter on the lowest, yet their video is fine and collision sesnors are working.

Check if your camera is in Auto-mode, not Pro-Mode.
Pages 38 & 39 of the Mavic Air 2 User Manual, #11 in the picture.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1