DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 and Air 2S?

I think they'll continue to sell it. Maybe drop the price by $100. That way there's a clear $400 between the Air 2 and the Air 2S.

Reactions: AVLJMA
I am curious to learn on April 15 if DJI will continue selling the MA 2 along side the Air 2S, or will they just discontinue the MA2.
it will be heavily discounted i think ,i cannot see them keeping on for long as they are to similar in a lot of things.

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
Not sure if the Mini 1 dropped a little or nor, perhaps someone with better recall can elaborate.

I think the MA2 will drop a little, I have not seen anyone note the new pricing of the Air 2S. If they are priced similarly, the MA2 will drop and quickly disappear leaving the MA2S.. If the MA2S is over a $1K for a non-combo, assuming there is one, all I've seem are combo unboxing for the MA2S, so if thats $1199 or something, like the FPV, then the MA2 may not drop much at all..

My question is will the new gimbal with 1 inch sensor fit on the MA2? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Here's to hope.
I suspect there is little hope, the hardware in the MA2 is not designed to support that camera, and while I cannot know for sure, chances are even the cable and connector to the MB in the drone is probably not the same... Not to mention mounting it would be different since its an obviously larger gimbal..

• Sad
Reactions: Tufargon
I suspect there is little hope, the hardware in the MA2 is not designed to support that camera, and while I cannot know for sure, chances are even the cable and connector to the MB in the drone is probably not the same... Not to mention mounting it would be different since its an obviously larger gimbal..
You just stomped all over my hopes. ?

I think they'll continue to sell it. Maybe drop the price by $100. That way there's a clear $400 between the Air 2 and the Air 2S.
Curious why you think $400 is the magic number there. If you look at other prices, there is only a $250 difference between the Zoom and Pro. There is a $400 difference between the Mini 2 and the Air 2, but there is also a much bigger difference between those 2. In fact, I would say there is a bigger difference between the Mini 2 and Air 2 than the Air 2 and the Air 2S, and as a result, it wouldn't make sense to drop the price by $100. It doesn't make sense to drop the Air 2 because then there is way too large of a gap between the Mini 2 and Air 2S. For what little it's worth, I think the Air 2 will continue to be offered and at the same price.

I am curious to learn on April 15 if DJI will continue selling the MA 2 along side the Air 2S, or will they just discontinue the MA2.
Of course they will. They have done it for every other model they have. Just look at the Phantom line - with upgrades to the 4, they still sold the older versions. They may not make many more and let inventory run out - just so you DO have to upgrade. I'm sure there is plenty of Air2's still in the Supply Chain to clear. We may think that DJI will do a decent price drop, yet if you look at their past history - they may come down a little - but not significantly. Don't see any "fire sales" on the Air2.

Reactions: Harry0363
I just got the press release on the Air 2S and I don't really get it. Ok, it has 5.4K 30p? Beyond that, it doesn't seem any better than the MP2, or maybe the price point is better? I can't wade through all the marketing hype to figure out exactly where it stands in the line up. Right now I think I'll just pass.

Reactions: tlswift58
I just got the press release on the Air 2S and I don't really get it. Ok, it has 5.4K 30p? Beyond that, it doesn't seem any better than the MP2, or maybe the price point is better? I can't wade through all the marketing hype to figure out exactly where it stands in the line up. Right now I think I'll just pass.
Its another step up in specs for a similar drone to the MA2... With the Combo being $1299 and the standalone $999, its more spendy then the MA2 at $799 & $999.

The question becomes, does better video, potentially more range, and perhaps better avoidance worth the difference... that 1" sensor does probably allow for some better dynamic range in some scenes for better video etc.. but not all.. I'll stick with MA2 for now, see what happens later this year or next before pondering an upgrade...

Probably aimed more at current Air2 people than Mavic owners. CMOS Sensor is now 1" compared to the current one in Air2. Also some more features in FlyApp and such. Worth the extra price - doubt it unless you're a first time buyer.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98