DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 and DJI Goggles

Robotpedlr

Reactions
I have a pair of DJI Race Edition Goggles and was hoping that it would work with the MA2 coming out. I used them with my original Mavic Air, and was excited to see that new MA2 has Ocusync. But the DJI FYI section says it is not compatible.

Do you think this will change with Firmware or am I SOL?

I Received A Message From DJI About This. All It Said Was, Were Sorry, But Yes Your Right, Goggles Are Not Supported, That Was It...

That is true, hense the frustration. But that does not mean they will not be supporting it in the future. A little more (forward) information would be helpful to see if it is on the roadmap or definitely not (due to some incompatible tech).

I went on chat with support and they also said it is not supported, but when I asked about the future, he said "hopefully, because he is getting an Air 2".

Why does DJI always come up short on some features on all their aircraft ?
You'd think with almost all their past consumer drones being compatible with either white or RE goggles, the new Air 2 would have it for sure.
The only model they have made fully compatible with all functions / features available with goggles are the good old M1P / MPP.

It's like they know that they don't have to 'give away the farm' on just one drone, the drone all will buy and not have a need for any other model . . .
But how can that be a bad thing for DJI, they make a bucket load more $ making just one consumer model, until the next better one came out.

To me, the MA2 is just that perfect size between the original Air and M1P / MPP.

Reactions: Robotpedlr
I have a pair of DJI Race Edition Goggles and was hoping that it would work with the MA2 coming out. I used them with my original Mavic Air, and was excited to see that new MA2 has Ocusync. But the DJI FYI section says it is not compatible.

Do you think this will change with Firmware or am I SOL?
I'm sure this was mentioned, You could use Litchi beta software for any VR googles. Or I just learned DroneVR. But, what about this: Since I have a Valve index headset, couldn't it work with your concept? Meaning, the three plugs out of the valve are power, displayport, and usb 3.0

Attachments

• 1blao9ei64m51.jpg
    1blao9ei64m51.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi All

there is a work around using the dji goggles with the MA2 using a few accessories I got from Amazon. Check out my video if you want to see how to do it and links to buy the accessories are all there as well. Hope this helps.
That's pretty cool. I'd like to find a set of goggles to buy if the price is right. The new goggles don't work with this set up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming